Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

For Bent to be here, waiting to talk, it should be blatantly obvious to Sunderland that VP is where he wants to be. Now, Sunderland can be as awkward as they like and start demanding a ridiculous amount, but come on.......this is huge and flatteringly fair sum for him. They should be sensible and take it, because they'll never get an offer for him like that again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest would rather sign Louis Swarez from Ajax for that $$$$

Suarez is a lie! He is a complete idiot, not loyal to his club where ever he is playing. He played at FC Groningen before Ajax, very good but he left like a thief in the night.

Suarez for the Villa? No thanks.

Collymore on talksport has just rubbished this signing as a sign of desperation, and that we should be looking at getting someone in cheaper on a short term basis and also bring in another CB rather than putting all our eggs in one basket. This coming from a man that we paid over the odds for and never filled his potential. Jog on Stanley.

I completely agree with him.

Theres no pleasing some people is there??

Collymore on talksport has just rubbished this signing as a sign of desperation, and that we should be looking at getting someone in cheaper on a short term basis and also bring in another CB rather than putting all our eggs in one basket. This coming from a man that we paid over the odds for and never filled his potential. Jog on Stanley.

But who says we haven't got more eggs??

But who says we haven't got more eggs??

I think Bent would be a great purchase as long as we keep Young and Downing. I can see them link together brilliantly.

We will, however, need to offload a shite load of the trash if this goes through. We'll need to build a team around Bent as that is the type of striker he is.

If his goals keep us up and push us on then he's worth every penny, we've plenty of players to provide assists as it is.

To be honest would rather sign Louis Swarez from Ajax for that $$$$

I wouldnt, unproven could be another kezman and would want a CL club or stupid wages, we'd never be anything other than a stepping stone for him, whereas are we bents last chance for him to play in europe, win a cup, nail his england place down? Maybe

I am struggling to understand some of the negativity!?!? Over the last few weeks everyone has been, rightly, saying how we need a proven goal scorer, someone who can convert all the chances we create, stick it in the back of the net! We are now in a situation where the club are doing exactly that, I agree that it is probably a little more money than it needs to be, however, in our current situation, who is going to come to us with such a proven record?

Just been thinking about a factor in all this, and it's one which doesn't usually benefit Villa - the London draw.

Bent was born in Tooting, probably still has family there/in and around London, he's played for Charlton and Spurs (and no doubt has mates at both clubs) etc. He must be very isolated in the North East as he's miles away from everyone. He can't just jump in the car and be in London within an hour or two.

None of the London clubs are in for him, so a move to Villa makes sense (on a personal level).

It's blatant that he wants to play for us considering he's handed in a transfer request AND he's even taken the trouble to drive to the Midlands so he can be there ready to discuss personal terms.