Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

I think we'll be selling one of Young/Downing to fund this.

However, Collymore isn't impressed on talkshite.

Yet he said he is A+ when playing with winger, which we have some of the best in the premiership ATM.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll be selling one of Young/Downing to fund this.

However, Collymore isn't impressed on talkshite.

Yet he said he is A+ when playing with wingers, which we have some of the best in the premiership ATM.

Collymore on talksport has just rubbished this signing as a sign of desperation, and that we should be looking at getting someone in cheaper on a short term basis and also bring in another CB rather than putting all our eggs in one basket. This coming from a man that we paid over the odds for and never filled his potential. Jog on Stanley.

He's also on record as saying Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora are better - Stanley backs strikers that dont score shocker

To be honest would rather sign Louis Swarez from Ajax for that $$$$

Not so sure myself. Bent is proven in this league for a number of seasons and scores goals wherever he goes. Suarez has done it in the dutch league but Boro paid big bucks for Afonso Alves and where is he now?

it has taken me well over an hour to read this thread, meltdown indeed!

would be very happy with this, if he can keep banging the goals in like he has been at Sunderland we are onto a massive winner with the service that Downing, Young, Albrighton, Walker et al can provide.

Collymore on talksport has just rubbished this signing as a sign of desperation, and that we should be looking at getting someone in cheaper on a short term basis and also bring in another CB rather than putting all our eggs in one basket. This coming from a man that we paid over the odds for and never filled his potential. Jog on Stanley.

I completely agree with him.

Very impressive signing. Possibly costing over the odds but he is proven and with the service of our wingers will be sure to bag in few goals.

Say what you like about Houllier but who can argue with his transfer dealings thus far?! and what a signal of intent from RL.

UTV!