Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard one of the club doctors has been called in, will be either an injury or a medical, I suspect the latter

This ain't the season to assume the latter Selly! :)

Would be a great signing and the fact Bent has put in a transfer request means he wants to leave badly as rare to put in a request these days as Barry never did.

Sunderland forum are not happy and now think they have a sell to buy policy

Juninho all over again - just can't see why sland would sell him Jan window - they would still get a big fee in July - that doesn't add up to me.

Hope I am wrong though

He's handed in a transfer request? We're offering big money? No-brainer?

Shows how incredibly difficult to please some members of this board are, here we have one of the all tim top scorers in the premiership, outdone only over the last few years by two WORLD CLASS players, the chairman is showing ambition by slapping down a big fee UP FRONT and not messing around. Furthermore Aston Villa havent had a proper goal scorer since Yorke left and yet some are moaning that he's not that good or the fee is too much or why dont we go for somone else like Suarez who may or may not score goals in the prem.

Oh my god get a grip and enjoy one of the best transfer windows weve had in years and look forward to climbing the table.

Have to agree, who do people want us to sign (who we can realistically get). I much prefer the look of Villa with Bent than without. I mean an actual goal scorer, whatever next.

Why did Sunderland leak this anyway? MM said the deal was watertight. Sunderland must have leaked this, those fecking mackems.

I think Bent handing in a transfer request leaked it.

So Bent told the media?

He will be a very good signing if this goes through BUT if it really is 18 million possibly rising to 24 we have been well and truly shafted imo although im not going to complain because its not my money :D
We haven't been shafted at all. Just because his name is Darren Bent and not Redin Zukaku doesn't mean he isn't worth at least half as much as two strikers he's currently 1 goal behind in the Premier League scoring charts since 2005, which includes spending a proportion of that on the bench at Spurs.

If anything he's worth more than £18 million and if we have got him for that price then it's a bloody good deal.

tbh i think benching gabby for a few games will do him the world of good i think he's starting to believe his own hype not delivered at all this season needs to get back in the gym and lose a few pounds to get back that raw pace he had

Selly, what was it you were saying about Charlie Adam following? I'm sure this'll help make his mind up!

And please please please Stewie Downing, don't go to LIVERPOOL.

it's gone a bit quiet on the Adam front but he definitely wants to come here regardless... might be something to do with an offer of first team football at a better club than anyone else in for him (not guaranteed it at Liverpool) but one more bid should do it.