Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Listening to Collymore on Talksport made my piddle boil !

That guy really loves the sound of his own voice and talks crap sometimes. He was saying that Bent was an A score striker, but a D score as a footballer. What an arrogant knob you are Stan. Perhaps he's a more than a little jealous of our new man DB ?

Darren Bent's record goes before him and you don't read about his private life all over the press do you Stan ?

It's not desperation as you call it Stan, it's a great piece of business by our owner Randy Lerner who isn't just our owner, HE IS A VILLA FAN !

He's also backing the manager to turn the squad around in his first transfer window in JANUARY !

Well done Randy we appreciate you.

Hes absolutely right!!!

Thats why bent/kev phillips/andy cole - all struggled at International. Good goalscorers - but not great footballers.

a large part of stans argument is also based around no guarantees regarding future signings and having a long term strategy. If were only going to spend 24m then there may be other areas we should address. Id tend to go along with this. If were struggling for goals then maybe someone like Robbie Keane would be a short term solution and we could address the bigger picture in the summer. Stan is concerned that this is a panic buy.

Personally i go along with what hes saying, it depends on what money is available. If Randy is going to provide another 20-30m in the summer then this is a great signing, if not our money could probably be better spent elsewhere.

I think there is some bitterness over MON not being given this money, something else i share.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm struggling to understand is a certain poster has spent two years saying we should have signed Darren Bent and now we look like doing it is nowhere to be seen. Very odd.

Siry_gary_cahill got so excited he ejaculated himself to death. RIP.

:lol:

Exciting! I stayed up all night last night to read through this thread. Says a lot. Went to bed at 5:30 and up again 5 hours later to see if something new had happened. Best signing in many, many years.

Wow, doesn't Bodymoor Heath look so much better than Blues and West Hams training grounds!!

Blues training grounds looks like they're being interviewed in someones back garden!

Thats because they more than likely are the flithy unwashed pikeys..

What I'm struggling to understand is a certain poster has spent two years saying we should have signed Darren Bent and now we look like doing it is nowhere to be seen. Very odd.

For those who don't know who Sir Gary Cahill is there's a thread back at the top of the 'Other Football' forum and there's also this :

A lot of well reasoned debate, but there's also a sprinkling of comedy, over-the-top comments from people on both sides of the argument :D

My wife is shit with money, I tend to keep tight rein on it or she will spend it on things from New Look, nice to look at but ultimately shit purchases. MON was the same, thats why Houllier is getting this cash and not MON. MON shops at New Look.

My wife is shit with money, I tend to keep tight rein on it or she will spend it on things from New Look, nice to look at but ultimately shit purchases. MON was the same, thats why Houllier is getting this cash and not MON. MON shops at New Look.
:D .

nd what we might gain with Bent (and tbf we do need it), we might lose Emile's link up play

I would love to lose Emile's link-up play.

Because for all that he has been better than his normal this season, and I know many don't agree, and I know all the arguments, I think he is shite.

So for me this deal is getting better and better.

For those who don't know who Sir Gary Cahill is there's a thread back at the top of the 'Other Football' forum and there's also this :

A lot of well reasoned debate, but there's also a sprinkling of comedy, over-the-top comments from people on both sides of the argument :D

What a thread! Shows how times change, apparently Carew is a better striker!

Listening to Collymore on Talksport made my piddle boil !

That guy really loves the sound of his own voice and talks crap sometimes. He was saying that Bent was an A score striker, but a D score as a footballer. What an arrogant knob you are Stan. Perhaps he's a more than a little jealous of our new man DB ?

Darren Bent's record goes before him and you don't read about his private life all over the press do you Stan ?

It's not desperation as you call it Stan, it's a great piece of business by our owner Randy Lerner who isn't just our owner, HE IS A VILLA FAN !

He's also backing the manager to turn the squad around in his first transfer window in JANUARY !

Well done Randy we appreciate you.

Hes absolutely right!!!

Thats why bent/kev phillips/andy cole - all struggled at International. Good goalscorers - but not great footballers.

I couldn't give a monkey's minge about the England team mate.......

Villa matter to me, not them.

neither can I. Just pointing out that Collymores not far off the mark. And what we might gain with Bent (and tbf we do need it), we might lose Emile's link up play or Gabby's hold up play.

I just think for 18-24m we sdhould be able to find someone who can do both

What a **** loss that'll be.........

I think there is some bitterness over MON not being given this money, something else i share.
I shudder to think what he would have wasted it on.

Copious amounts of cocaine and Eastern European hookers......oh......you meant Martin didnt you Mike???

My bad!!!

:winkold:

Thing is we need someone who isn't that good a footballer. We need someone who puts the sodding ball int he back of the sodding net. And Darren bent fits the bill perfectly.

It's a huge amount of money. it's too much in all honesty. But it's a player we desperately need, and nearly every fan has been saying we need a player of that ilk for years and years. now we look to be getting one. If 20 odd million gets it tied up quickly without any other clubs coming in and stealing him from us, then go for it.