Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

If we lose, we're in so much trouble.

We are indeed in trouble, but honestly looking at the league, and the relegation candidates come from a pretty big pool. I still think you could see a team as high up as tenth go down.

Whatever happens, its going to be a massively defining moment for Houllier’s Villa career. Win and things start to look up. A draw and its a stay of execution. A loss and its looking bleak.

I agree with this summary. As for the game, we need to go with two up front, if we start playing Gabby on his own up front he will be too isolated and I can see us only hoping of getting a draw at best.

I hope Carew starts and we get a much needed boost and 3 points!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose, we're in so much trouble.

We are indeed in trouble, but honestly looking at the league, and the relegation candidates come from a pretty big pool. I still think you could see a team as high up as tenth go down.

Whatever happens, its going to be a massively defining moment for Houllier’s Villa career. Win and things start to look up. A draw and its a stay of execution. A loss and its looking bleak.

I agree with this summary. As for the game, we need to go with two up front, if we start playing Gabby on his own up front he will be too isolated and I can see us only hoping of getting a draw at best.

I hope Carew starts and we get a much needed boost and 3 points!

Agreed. Starting to get nervous now, and its still about 16 hours away!!

Obviously always desperately want to beat these toe rags but given that this is a game against a side 5th bottom and we are 2nd bottom we really, really do need to beat these ****.

We don't have a great deal of confidence but if we lose this it really could knock the remaining stuffing out of us. A loss though doesn't bare too much thinking about and I'm trying to block those thoughts out. We are better than this mob and hopefully we'll be well up for it. I'm still going for us to win by 2 goals.

Nothing less than a win is acceptable against SHA.

We are in a disgraceful league position 2nd from bottom going into this game with over half the season gone.

Looking at the league table and seeing the shit clubs that are above us in January is sickening and we are worse off now than we were before O'Neil and Lerner came in.

To go into a game against SHA as the underdogs is an absolute disgrace and Lerner had better do something about this mess quick.

Agree with Dion.

We need men.

The only players who have impressed consistently this season have been the kids like Albrighton. Downing does nothing when the pressure is on.

Let's see what you've **** got Villa!

Who is going to stand up against the storm? Stan? Nige? Emile?

Massive game.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our Villa dead.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

Let pry through the portage of the head

Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it

As fearfully as doth a galled rock

O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,

Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,

Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit

To his full height. On, on, you noblest Villans.

I hate to say this but I just cannot see us winning it. The problem for me is I cannot see Houllier firing us up to win the game so my match prediction is 2-0 to the Unwashed.

As ever there will be much endeavour from Villa but absolutely no end product. Albrighton will run riot against Ridgewell and luckily Dann is injured and maybe Carew can deliver one last hurrah but overall I am utterly pessimistic.

I hate to say this but I just cannot see us winning it. The problem for me is I cannot see Houllier firing us up to win the game so my match prediction is 2-0 to the Unwashed.

If Houllier can't fire us up to win this game then we may as well throw the towel in. We are 2nd from bottom playing the team 5th from bottom in a local derby. We should be fired up to the maximum as games don't come more important than this.

If we aren't up for it then your right we will lose. I think we will be up for it though and our extra class will show and we'll win.

I feel this is time for the big man to show what his made of again. His gonna score one or two John Carew Carew!!!!

Starting line up:

Friedel GK

Walker RB

Cuellar Collins CB

Clark LB

Albrighton RM

Petrov Reo-Coker CM

Downing LM

Gabbie Carew ST

4-4-2 Old fashioned style Lots of passion

My friend thinks CC wont be in the starting xi tomorrow.

I'm not too happy about this.

Must mean Luke Young is back I guess then?

God, I really would prefer Cuellar there for the extra height at set pieces.

AHH!