Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

If our attitude is right we will win.
Yes, we know. You've only said so about 50 times already.

The problem is, attitude isn't all that is needed to win games. We have the better team but it all depends on who is the better side on the day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our attitude is right we will win.
Yes, we know. You've only said so about 50 times already.

Lets hope our attitude is right then. There you go 51 times now.

In all seriousness it is something that as all too frequently been lacking under Houllier that determination to dig in when the chips are down very much shown that when going behind we usually lose and have never won from going a goal down under him.

We have shown brief glimpses like against Chelsea but they have been very much few and far between and unfortunately the brief exceptions to the norm.

We go out with a positive approach and with the determination to dig deep if need be we will win this game. The players have it in them. They have proved it many, many times in the not too distant past.

Friedel

Walker

Clark

Dunne

Cuellar

Reo-Coker

Petrov

Bannan

Albrighton

Downing

Gabby "shit on the city" Agbonlahor

Get Walker and Albrighton scaring the shit out of Murphy at full back, they are going to be our main threat in this game with Ridgewell reverting to CB and Murphy presumably coming in at left back. I'd also like to see Bannan given as much of the ball as possible to pick out the runs of Marc, Downing and Gabby with Petrov and Reo-Coker getting stuck in in the middle.

My friend thinks that Walker will definitely start at RB and is unsure of the CB pairing...but it looks like its gonna be Dunne and Collins. If he tells me more, i'll pass it on.

Carlos should start alongside Dunne for me at this moment in time

My friend thinks that Walker will definitely start at RB and is unsure of the CB pairing...but it looks like its gonna be Dunne and Collins. If he tells me more, i'll pass it on.

Carlos should start alongside Dunne for me at this moment in time

Agreed, last time collins and dunne played against blues together was a nightmare..carlos should be ahead of both imo

Hmm, I'm worried about this game for the first time in a long time playing sha in the league.

Looking at the starting line-ups, it hurts me to say it, but their team player for player is probably better than ours now. It's a sad day when I hear myself saying that. We need to invest heavily this January to set this right.

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Dunne Clark

Albrighton Petrov Delph Downing

Gabby Carew

is what I would like to see at this moment in time. Not sure if Delph is fit though, if not bring in NRC.

Bannan to come on for Petrov when he tires.

Hmm, I'm worried about this game for the first time in a long time playing sha in the league.

Looking at the starting line-ups, it hurts me to say it, but their team player for player is probably better than ours now. It's a sad day when I hear myself saying that. We need to invest heavily this January to set this right.

What? It's almost the other way around. :shock:

Doesn't mean we'll win but player for player we are still miles better.

Sty dweller alert...

Be honest, is this you?

barry-austin-575063309.jpg