Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have loads of confidence going into these games under MON. Now ill snap your hand off for a draw.

We got incredibly lucky with two wins last year tbf, didnt play well in either match.

Better than under Houllier when we're shit AND we dont win

Hopefully Delph and Albrighton (if they play) won't get carried away; both players are young, committed players who often make rash challenges. Hopefully the atmosphere won't get the better of them and they can stay discliplined.

I do think we can win this one. I'm going to stick my neck out and say 3-1 to us.

Ashley Young is going to be a huge miss! Petrov, Reo Coker and Delph (if fit) SHOULD be able to win the midfield battle against their three. I'd back Albrighton to give Ridgewell nightmares. The problem is going to be supporting Gabby who will almost certainly play upfront on his own. Bannan will probably be the link. I'm really not looking forward to this game to be honest. Too many sloppy goals just like their winner in the cup have cost us dearly this season. If ever a morale boost was needed, surely winning this game would provide that! Unfortunately I cannot see it happening and I would quite happily settle for a draw. I hate being negative but while we are in this mess I'm struggling to think positive anymore!

Last time we played Blues, NRC and Petrov never played, we have to win the midfield. It'll be great to see Albrighton against Bham, touch wood he's allowed to make his first appearance against them.

The thing is, last time we played Small heath, we DID boss the midfield.

It was dicking around on the edge of the box by our attackers and poor defending that cost us.

With injuries and suspensions i'd go with

.................Friedel

Walker.Cuellar.Dunne.Clark

.........Petrov.NRC.Delph

Albrighton...............Downing

.................Gabby

Subs: Marshall.Delfouneso.Bannan.Pires.Collins.Hogg.Carew

Never like these fixtures because of the inbred fans sha seem to attract.

Not entirely confident, however I reckon the team will want to put the Carling Cup night right and bag us a cheeky win!

.................Friedel

.........Petrov.NRC.Delph

Albrighton...............Downing

.................Gabby

barring any new signings i'd go with that team, except maybe Bannan for Delph, last thing we need is Delph getting sent off or injured again in what's bound to be a physical game.

............... Friedel ...............

................ NRC ................

...... Bannan ... Delph .........

Albrighton ............ Downing

................ Gabby .............

Subs: Marshall.Delfouneso.Petrov.Pires.Collins.Ireland.Carew

Bannan and Delph to ensure we retain plenty of possession and get the ball out wide. NRC as the enforcer alongside.