Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect missed 5 yard passes, terrible defending, long balls, scrappy battles; basically every thing that's shit about the Premier League. I expect to be left wondering how on earth these players (on both sides) get paid so much. But the joy of 3 points will override all that. 2-1 Villa.

I think Walker and Makoun will have lifted the place. A couple of new faces with actual football ability would have added more confidence and excitement to the team.

I think we will turn the corner tonight. A clean sheet. 2-0. Carew to start and score early on and Petrov to keep on scoring with a late second.

Any note one the team for today?

Id go:

----------------Friedel

Walker---Cuellar---Dunne---Clark

--------------NRC---Petrov

----------------Gardner

Albrighton-----------------Downing

-----------------Gabby

Or if not Gardner then Bannan

Most nervous I've been about a villa game in along time, time for the players to show some responsibility and go out their and win today. Too many excuses, Houllier has been rightly getting stick but the players are as much to blame.

3-0 to the Villa.

Any note one the team for today?

Id go:

----------------Friedel

Walker---Cuellar---Dunne---Clark

--------------NRC---Petrov

----------------Gardner

Albrighton-----------------Downing

-----------------Gabby

Or if not Gardner then Bannan

What on Earth would you play Gardner for, are you mad? Never played in the prem, one reserve game after a year out with injury.

I feel sorry for him, for some reason he seems to be thought of as the next Zidane.

Nervous.

DVIN would you drop NRC or Petrov?

I'd drop NRC for Bannan..although that would lose the bite in midfield, perhaps Petrov... although he is captain.

Hard choices really but I think Bannan would be suited to this game, Albrighton would defiently be seeking a win here, Gabby loves scoring against the scum so hopefully he will too.. Carew.. well if its the Carew we know then he will terrorise the defence.

I'll reserve my judgement on Carew but i'd be more then happy to see him start and prove me wrong.

What on Earth would you play Gardner for, are you mad? Never played in the prem, one reserve game after a year out with injury.

I feel sorry for him, for some reason he seems to be thought of as the next Zidane.

I know what you mean - hyped up to extraordinary levels by people who never seen him play.