Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I was all for Houllier having time to sort it out, but it really looks like it's not gonna happen. The players simply don't want to play for him, the longer we stick with him the more losses we're going to suffer.

2 wins from 14/15 is it? Not on..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sold on Houllier but was it Houllier who missed open goals last night and was it Houllier who couldn't make simple passes and was it Houllier who lost every 50/50 challenge ? No matter how bad the manager is, the players are better than that and seem to nearly all be playing badly at the moment so need to take some of the flak.

Equally, as others have pointed out, there are no half decent managers available at the moment so I think we are going to have to back GH and let him bring in players who understand what he wants from them because MON's team clearly don't !

Based on where we are in the league and the way the team is being managed he has to go. I hope the club has finally realised we are staring relegation in the face. Seeing the performance last night finally decided me in that I just don't think Houllier has got what it takes to get us out of this mess.

I simply don't care what happens in the cup at the weekend but based on the way we are playing its a game we could well lose. That would heap more pressure on Houllier.

The pivotal game will be Blues which I fully expect to lose. They have a well organised and effective defence that we will struggle to break down. Their problem is scoring goals but by then it looks like they have Robbie Keane. Maybe the club will take action after that? I really hope so.

I was backing him until last night. With Heskey off and us playing poorly, we needed something and Bannan and Albrighton can provide a late burst of energy, but no, he persevered with the poor Gabby and useless Petrov and in the end, a gutless performance and a loss.

I said we needed a win in our next two games before the Chelsea game and I stand by that.

It is all made worse by the fact Fulham and Wolves and Scum all won, meaning we're now 1 point of rock bottom.

We need to line a manager up immediately.

Call it the Ashes curse, call it the Milner curse but Houllier has to go now.

Oh and no substitutions for 88 minutes is disgraceful, doubly so when you consider we played a good period of that without our striker.

I am not into knee jerk reactions but the reality of it is we are in the results business I think MON took us as far as he could and most likely we would have dropped a few places this season anyway but any Manager worth his salt with this same group of players shouldn't be in the bottom 3 .

I think he is looking like a school teacher with outdated methods and the players are not responding to him . I don't think they will replace him THOUGH .

I know they'll back him, but we need results, nay, wins.

We need a **** gap between us and the drop zone. Two home defeats in a row, one against Sunderland, one against 10 man Tottenham simply isn't good enough.

I was livid with yesterday, and Houllier's lack of action - why did it take 88 minutes to send on ALbrighton and Bannan? And sub Petrov who had a shocking game?

I was all for Houllier's appointment when it happened. I also agree that MON had probably pushed this squad to its limits and that he fact he knew that was one of the reasons he left on a playing high.

However, Houllier has failed poorly in all aspects since his appointment, team motivation, team selections, public condemnation of players, his actions at Liverpool, his comments about the fans at Man City when we were singing for his head. You can blame the injuries but looking at it properly, how many of them actually played regular under O'Neill, Petrov and Gabby?

I get the feeling that even he realises that he has made the wrong decision in coming back. While I do not think it will happen, the board need to look at Spurs when they realised Ramos was wrong and took action quickly

The board can say they are backing him all they like but when the fans stop coming through the turnstiles he will go. Last night's actual attendance was probably 26,000 ish, next home game it will be less. They can inflate it with non-attending season ticket holders but fan power always prevails. As soon as fans stop going there is only one outcome. He's finished, the sound of 'you're getting sacked in the morning' will ring louder next home game, if he survives the FA Cup game and the Derby.

GH "What we need at the moment is to keep the morale, keep the confidence and make sure the next game we can limit the damage because we have some big, big games coming up."

Just gets better by the quote, can you imagine the team talk? I can, in widescreen, full colour.

he doesnt help his cause much though. if he had bought bannan and albrighton on after 10mins of 2nd half and we had still lost a lot of the blame would have been shifted to the players.

Didnt sleep well at all last night

Houllier is a dinosaur and needs to go for the sake of aston villa football club.

Football is a results business and its taking the piss how he's still in a job when there are managers getting sacked for doing a much better job than him such as allardyce and hughton

He may have the support of the board but he doesnt have the support of the fans with his dumbfounded comments and scenile ways ... Lerner its not financially viable having a bafoon like him at the helm how much must these poor results be costing the club in terms of poor attendances.

Rebuild the north stand by all means if we continue with houllier we will be the biggest club in the championship.

I'm not sold on Houllier but was it Houllier who missed open goals last night and was it Houllier who couldn't make simple passes and was it Houllier who lost every 50/50 challenge ? No matter how bad the manager is, the players are better than that and seem to nearly all be playing badly at the moment so need to take some of the flak.

Equally, as others have pointed out, there are no half decent managers available at the moment so I think we are going to have to back GH and let him bring in players who understand what he wants from them because MON's team clearly don't !

So you admit the current team don't know what he wants from them, yet you say we need to let him "bring in players" - sorry, how many players do you honestly think we are going to bring in this month? Two maximum. How is that going to change anything? This team got us 6th three seasons running and now look at us?

He HAS to go. I've been saying it weeks - and every week that goes on, our position gets that little bit more serious. WAKE UP.

Â