The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I prefer the size and it's £80 cheaper.  It's not gimped either, the first iPad mini was basically an iPad 2 so it had a slower processor and a low resolution screen.  The new one is exactly the same as the new iPad air except for the screen size (yes, it has the same resolution) and the battery size but the battery life is reportedly the same due to the mini having to power a smaller backlight. 

Had a look at the Air the other day, wasn't all that impressed and didn't feel or look much thinner. Will stick with my trusty ipad 2 for a while longer as it does everything I need it too.

• Like 1

Im new to this apple melarky.

Just bought an Ipad mini as Im heading on a 14 hour flight with my young son. 

What are the best sites for downloading free kids tv programs, and the best app for such witchcraft?

Must say, iPad Mini 2 is pretty darn good piece of kit. I don't use it for any email or anything like that. It's just got the apps basically. I've also started playing a couple of games. It's excellent for reading also. Battery life is superb. I charged it once since I got it. The limitations of the OS aren't that important as I use my Galaxy Note 3 or my laptop for any actual productivity stuff like email.

I was on a course today.

One of the tasks was to name a company we "liked" and then everyone would have a discussion around why they liked it.

Apple was the first one mentioned.

Now I have no problem with Apple, and hate the attitude that they're a terrible company. But even I was getting a bit annoyed about how a couple of people were fawning over them!

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I genuinely started chuckling to myself during it because I was imagining how Conor would be feeling if he was sat in the room with us :)

• 6 months later...

And they finally fixed my biggest issue with it, apps can finally communicate with each other without apple putting a large foot in between.

Â