The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I'd pay the extra £10 for a mini with retina in a heartbeat.  It's probably going to be a few weeks before it hits the shelves but it looks like a great bit of kit. 

Edited by The_Rev

Yeah mate i know but she who must be obeyed wants the larger screen so the mini isn't an option.

The review of the new 'iPad Air' in 'The Sun' today wasn't great and it stated that there wasn't enough in the new model to upgrade from the 4 so i'd still be interested on your thoughts on this.

Do you think the refurb model shown in my previous post is at a good price and will there be anything stated on the model that would define it as a 'refurb?'

You could buy her a refurb and pass it off as new I think. I got a refurbished laptop from Dell and it looked brand new (even came with the same warranty a new machine comes with) and I have no reason to believe Apple would pass off shitty products through their refurb outlet.  I'd still try and talk her into the mini though. 

Yeah mate i know but she who must be obeyed wants the larger screen so the mini isn't an option.

The review of the new 'iPad Air' in 'The Sun' today wasn't great and it stated that there wasn't enough in the new model to upgrade from the 4 so i'd still be interested on your thoughts on this.

Do you think the refurb model shown in my previous post is at a good price and will there be anything stated on the model that would define it as a 'refurb?'

If the review of the iPad Air wasn't great then by default the iPad 4th generation won't be great either as the Air is purely a thinner version of the 4th gen plus a few more upgraded parts (faster processor etc)/ However, I wouldn't hold great stock in the current buns review. The iPad is a great bit of kit. I have played with the 4th generation quite a bit and I love it. I was going to get one but then they announced the Air so will pick one of those up instead.

I don't think you will have any problems with an Apple Refurb. You probably won't even be able to tell it isn't brand new.

Many thanks Rev and Xela.

The theme of the review wasn't that the iPad Air wasn't good but rather that there wasn't enough of an improvement from the iPad 4 generation to warrant paying for the upgrade.

I wonder if i hold fire until the new iPad Air is released will i get an even better deal on a refurb?  

• 2 weeks later...

You will be able to get the new iPad mini 16gb WiFi for £319.  If you are buying this from a mate then basically you are paying for his new mini.  Offer £280 and see what happens. 

Been offered a 4th generation WiFi iPad 16gb with a few months warranty left for £315 boxed with all accessories and in as new condition.

"As new"? So they've not used the battery?

You will be able to get the new iPad mini 16gb WiFi for £319.  If you are buying this from a mate then basically you are paying for his new mini.  Offer £280 and see what happens. 

Have taken your advice Rev and offered £280 as she who must be be obeyed wants the bigger screen and can't be persuaded otherwise. :( Do you think £280 is a good deal? Will advise if the new offer is accepted?

Been offered a 4th generation WiFi iPad 16gb with a few months warranty left for £315 boxed with all accessories and in as new condition.

Obviously Limpid the battery has been used so i take your point that it isn't 'as new.' Making reference to the condition of the model which is without scratches or marks.

Its not actually for me but a Christmas present for my fiancee and although Rev has advised me to purchase the new mini my fiancee wants the bigger screen.

Edited by Morpheus

Was going to purchase a new Macbook Pro until I saw that everything is soldered onto the motherboard, ridiculous. I already stopped using the iPhone and iPod range, if it wasn't for work I'd completely stop using their products altogether.

Anybody bought one?

You will be able to get the new iPad mini 16gb WiFi for £319. If you are buying this from a mate then basically you are paying for his new mini. Offer £280 and see what happens.

Have taken your advice Rev and offered £280 as she who must be be obeyed wants the bigger screen and can't be persuaded otherwise. :( Do you think £280 is a good deal? Will advise if the new offer is accepted?

Obviously Limpid the battery has been used so i take your point that it isn't 'as new.' Making reference to the condition of the model which is without scratches or marks.

Its not actually for me but a Christmas present for my fiancee and although Rev has advised me to purchase the new mini my fiancee wants the bigger screen.

£280 would be a good price and well worth it. Although I'm an android man, the iPad is great and I'm waiting for an android one to come close.

• Like 1

Â