Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear we have some of the stupidest players. playing against 10 men and we are trying to run past players instead of keeping the ball, trying to force ridiculous passes all the time. spurs managed to keep the ball for 2 mins with 10 men. as soon as we got it we gave it them straight back.

no surprise warnock and collins not covering themselves in glory for the spurs goal, although downing was not marking lennon on the initial ball and has been wimping out of challenges.

We are looking dodgy in the middle at the back.

Apart from that I don't think we have been too bad (apart from the last 10) just feel Hogg or Delph need to be swapped for someone who can link the ball with the front men rather than playing from side to side. Someone who is going to pass it and run forwards and move their defense around. I think swap Reo-Coker for hogg and give Delph licence to run forwards and attack the Spurs defense.

Even though we created some chances, it's a red herring saying we were performing particularly good before the sending off. We only had 34% possession - at home ffs.

Forget the ref, Warnock, Collins, Hogg, whoever - the manager has consistently failed to realise that what this team needs more than anything else right now is structure and consistency. Two banks of four, keep it tight and try and hit them on the break. But instead we play open football with two lightweights in midfield and get torn apart through the middle, with our CB's, already with no confidence, left with no protection. It's quite despairing to be honest but it's been the hallmark of the team since Houllier took over.

We can, and should, do a whole lot better. Come on the second half.

This Houllier attacking is getting crazy. He's building for the future and some people need some patience. Did Alex Ferguson worry when we beat his young mob 3-1 at Villa Park or did he see the big picture? I know it's disappointing where we are in the table, but we'll only improve with these players. I find it refreshing how brave he is.

MON would not be experimenting as Houllier is, we'd probably have better results and then have people saying 'yeah, but we play rubbish football' and get annoyed that he wouldn't try anything new.

give it time.

as a former left winger, You're told to make sure the ball can't in between you and the full back. Downing schoolboy error, really was.

I agree with you. Downing fell asleep for a moment and we were punished. Modric should not be seeking out the full back from there. It was bloody obvious too, he took about 5 touches to get space for the pass.

This is could be a good game for Pires to come in and control things for us.

We need one of those central midfielders to start having a pop from outside the area - we are too predictable.

I think Lichaj is doing a fine job on Bale thus far. Every time Bale knocks it past him he uses the angles to cut him off.