Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

This Houllier attacking is getting crazy. He's building for the future and some people need some patience. Did Alex Ferguson worry when we beat his young mob 3-1 at Villa Park or did he see the big picture? I know it's disappointing where we are in the table, but we'll only improve with these players. I find it refreshing how brave he is.

MON would not be experimenting as Houllier is, we'd probably have better results and then have people saying 'yeah, but we play rubbish football' and get annoyed that he wouldn't try anything new.

give it time.

I'm happy to give it time, but this argument does my head in. It's not one or the other - the manager doesn't have to choose between 'experimenting' and 'not experimenting.' There is absolutely no reason why Houllier can't introduce a more attacking, on-the-floor brand of the football while, at the same time, making sure defence and midfield are properly organised. I mean the latter is the absolute minimum I would expect from a professional manager ffs.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we've got Clark, Petrov, Reo-Coker and Bannan on the bench, any of whom would strengthen our performance, so do your stuff at half time M. Houllier. If there's any time left after that, have a chat with the midfield about some sort of game plan.

This Houllier attacking is getting crazy. He's building for the future and some people need some patience. Did Alex Ferguson worry when we beat his young mob 3-1 at Villa Park or did he see the big picture? I know it's disappointing where we are in the table, but we'll only improve with these players. I find it refreshing how brave he is.

MON would not be experimenting as Houllier is, we'd probably have better results and then have people saying 'yeah, but we play rubbish football' and get annoyed that he wouldn't try anything new.

give it time.

The same MON that finished 6th, 6th and 6th again?

I actually wish Ash was fit for this game, dont know where he'll slot in though but i reckon he could've made a difference... I fear for the worst when he leaves to play for another club after this, our squad is loosing quality all over..our kids have the potential but the experienced players already have the ability.

give it time.

If we carry on like this they'll be learning in the championship.

I wonder if people still believe those Yank bastards will deliver the bright future campaign?

And the award for the most retarded post of the thread so far, goes to....

ONO :hooray:

Second that. :lol:

I mean, for starters, we don't really deserve to be behind.

We've been poor since they went to 11, that's obvious but sometimes that happens, in fact, it happens regularly a team with 10 adjusts quicker because we've gone from a game plan on the counter attack to now knowing they have little threat through the middle upfront, change in tactics, especially for the younger players, it's harder to adjust compared to likes of Modric, Palacios, Van Der Vaart, extremely experienced.

If the second half is like that, I can see why but I'm sure there will be changes at half-time and we'll put the pressure on.

apart from a couple of stupid fouls that were used to but still silly, i dont think were playing that bad.

sad to see heskey come off, no more target man imo.

should be taking advantage of the ten men although sometimes going down to ten men isnt such a bad thing.

come on houllier spur the lads on, i can see us getting something out of this.

utv.

OK, we've got Clark, Petrov, Reo-Coker and Bannan on the bench, any of whom would strengthen our performance, so do your stuff at half time M. Houllier. If there's any time left after that, have a chat with the midfield about some sort of game plan.

Definitely.

Petrov coming on, right decision.

I wonder if people still believe those Yank bastards will deliver the bright future campaign?

And the award for the most retarded post of the thread so far, goes to....

ONO :hooray:

Second that. :lol:

I mean, for starters, we don't really deserve to be behind.

We've been poor since they went to 11, that's obvious but sometimes that happens, in fact, it happens regularly a team with 10 adjusts quicker because we've gone from a game plan on the counter attack to now knowing they have little threat through the middle upfront, change in tactics, especially for the younger players, it's harder to adjust compared to likes of Modric, Palacios, Van Der Vaart, extremely experienced.

If the second half is like that, I can see why but I'm sure there will be changes at half-time and we'll put the pressure on.

I'm sure we'll put the pressure on and come back into it, but we absolutely do deserve to be behind. Spurs have let us in on occasion but they have dominated with the ball from start to finish.