How happy are you?

paddy

How happy are you out of ten?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you out of ten?

• 0 -Not at all
    • 10 - Ecstatic

Well big Dave wants to know, so I thought I'd see how happy we are on here. Id say six myself, which isn't too bad as my left arm and leg don't work too well. I'd guess six will be about average.

Overall on life this is, not today specifically.

9 - Enjoying Uni life (well not so much at the moment with freezing temperatures and the odd exam), have a really good relationship with my girlfriend and have a great graduate job waiting for me when I finish here. So for the foreseeable future - very bright - although I'm fully aware anything can throw a spanner in the works at a random point in time. So a 9 overall as I'm living in fear of that :lol:

last couple of years have been an enjoying learning curve in life - leaving the angst ridden misery of the 15-23 year phase where I had no idea who I was and am. I've been making pro-active choices for a change, and got myself a long term lady friend. I have some issues professionally at the moment - low paid local govt admin job, but I'm in the process of taking a big gamble and aiming to return to uni and retrain in something useful ( contrasting with an ultimately thoroughly ineffective humanities degree - goddamn being trapped by decisions taken at 16/17! ) It's scary, and probably a really unwise time to be doing it, but it's the kind of decision that wouldn't have crossed my mind years ago, and now I feel confident enough to go for it.

relationship wise has been a learner too! got past the first rocky phase, and generally happy there too ( though she's a bit messy for my liking! )

of course should said gamble fall through, then this time next year this rating is subject to considerable change :lol:

I've gone for 7.

Got a fun job (and in the state we're at the moment I'm lucky to have one at all) and great friends and family.

But I live in a shit town, need to get out and move to Birmingham, and it's been too long since I had a girlfriend - so things could be better. But I can't complain, on the whole, can't complain at all.

Difficult one this ..

I am content in myself as i have a lovely wife and 2 beautiful kids , a few weight problems but nothing that affects my overall well being , so on paper I would have to score it quite high

but contrary to VT opinion I'm not the heartless bastard VT likes it Tory pantomime villains to be :winkold: ..

I have close friends who have lost jobs over the past few years and watching them struggle does affect my happiness .. I mentioned it on another thread but my friends daughter moved into her council flat and it was appalling , not fit for a human in all honesty , It did actually make me a little bit unhappy seeing the despair she felt

and so these sorts of things do weigh on my mind sometimes and affect my happiness in an overall context .. I almost wonder sometimes If I ought to grow a beard and knit yogurt

If I really think about it I can tell you how I feel today but not overall. It varies depending on the situations I'm faced with. Or sometimes *as mentioned above* seeing situations harm people I care about. It does get to you. But most days I think I am very good at focusing on whatever keeps me smiling. There is a lot going on that can be deemed depressing but I feel pretty happy. I've been giggly all morning for no other reason than I want to be. *and my husband made me laugh quite a bit* So today I guess I'm around 7, it will go to 9 if Villa win!!!!!!!!

I've got a job (Good)

I've got a home (Good)

I've got a left hand (Good)

BUT

Villa aren't doing brilliantly (:( )

I work with an insufferable yiddo, an arrogant red manc and a wind-up merchant of a gooner. (Bad)

I've got little to no social life (Bad)

And I fecking hate snow. (Bad)

Oh and I'm not a big fan of Christmas and I eat to much food thats crap. And I 'm not driven enough. And fuel is ****ing high.

I'll do it like a match report:

Relationship - 9 Excellent, have the usual day to day moans but we love each other, trust each other and are on the same page pretty much.

Parental - 7 He's a good kid and I love him dearly, he just needs to try harder and stop being so lazy and selfish.

Friendships - 2 I have learned a lot in the last 12 months. Mainly that nobody can be trusted and 99% of people are selfish bastards that are only out for themselves. I miss real friendships that I had in my 20's. Mates that would do anything for each other.

Finance - 9 I have a good job. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but I can afford a nice life for my family.

Health - 6 I feel old and I'm only 40. Nothing properly wrong with me but I can feel my body slowing up drastically.

Stability - 3 I'm constantly worried about this. I have a good job but I do feel it could all end tomorrow which would drastically change our lifestyle. This scares the daylights out of me as I think I'd struggle to find a similar position.

So on average thatll be a 6!

Not been in a fantastic place these last few months, so I've gone for a 4.

Overally, I'm usually of quite a happy disposition, but I've had far too many darker and depressing moments these past few months to go above a 4 sadly.

I say 4, because there have been times i've felt like an 8, and then other times i've felt like a 1 ....

but being generally of a happy disposition, I'm hopefull, as Massive Attack once sang, that "better things will surely come my way".

Impressed with your rating Padders. I doff my cap to you Sir. :)

Happiness for me is fleeting. I can have moments of great happiness, but I voted 5, because for the most part, all the fun, joy and awe in life tends to be balanced out with bullshit, pain and angst.

Â