How happy are you?

paddy

How happy are you out of ten?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How happy are you out of ten?

• 0 -Not at all
    • 10 - Ecstatic

Ignoring the match as far as possible (though obviously football must come into it).

I'm employed but may as well not be, earning and working too little to get me off the Job Centres books. I'm struggling to find work opportunities at all. The work I'm doing now I'm doing simply to improve my CV, I'm earning no more than I would be if I simply was on the dole. I have no idea what I want to do for a career, but have many ideas for what I don't want to do and what I know I can't do. Initially the thrill back in June of having my whole life ahead of me was exciting but now since I've no idea where I want to go, what I want to do or how I'm going to get there I'm at a loss.

I graduated in July with a decent degree, and lots of debt which is something in the back of my mind, and more pressing an overdraft that I'll struggle to pay off in the 5 months I have to pay it off unless I get a 'serious' job sharpish. I'm dreading every letter Halifax send me. I really need to get rid of the anvil round my neck of this overdraft.

My friends from Birmingham all took gap years or did extra years at college so are all in their final years at unis around the country leaving me stuck in Birmingham with little to do... on the plus side it stops the money woes so much, on the downside I've nothing to do. It gets quite trying just having family to interact with. My friends from uni are doing their own thing, one is off around the world in the new year, one has gone to work in Bergen, one is still in Aber, another I have a strained relationship with... I feel like I'm being left behind.

Relationship front doesn't bother me so much, I've met someone recently and gone out with them once or twice and that could go somewhere if I want it to I think but I'm not sure I do. I met her by accident, was very drunk, wasn't really interested and it's kind of gone from there with little enthusiasm from me. I'm not sure she's 'me'.

Healthwise could be a lot better.

And of course Villa are currently, to be kind, lacklustre.

On the plus side it's not like my worries are anything compared to, I daresay, most of the posters here. It's not like I have kids to look after, a mortgage to pay, many bills.

I'd put myself at about a 4. I'm not very happy. My own nature is not to be but I need things to look up soon I think, and that is solely going to come from decent employment. That would open a number of doors for me and get weight of my shoulders re. debt, might open my mind to a career (I really, really want a career path now, it'd give me some purpose, it's probably the main thing I want as things stand). It would also use up all the free time I have and I'd like to not have to worry quite so much about money. It'd also let me finally start learning to drive with serious intent.

I'm getting myself by at the moment thinking 'It could be worse' and 'Something will come up sooner or later'.

Ever considered the military mate ? Being as you have a degree you'd earn more as an officer. Guaranteed monthly pay which isn't that bad when you make Captain. You could pay off your debts, live and eat for dirt cheap, travel and play sport for a living. The obvious downside is premature death :winkold: You might even really enjoy it, and it opens a lot of doors for when you leave. If I were younger and fitter I would re-enlist tomorrow. I genuinely miss it .

Well all things considered Id say im around an 8.

I have a job doing something I enjoy and am making decent to great money doing it (server so it depends on the day). Though based on where I worked before and the level im used to this is a huge downgrade and not nearly as exciting as my old job. But I still do enjoy it and the abuse many morons send my way on a daily basis.

I have found something I am truely passionate about and that is Aston Villa. I follow many sports teams and some for many many years now but I have never dedicated myself to any as much as Aston Villa. Im constantly on forums, im reading the latest news bits from my phone and I have a trip planned for the next year to come see three matches. Putting it into perspective a bit I have really only followed Villa for 2 years now and I am already on my way to see matches. The Green Bay Packers I have followed for about 12 years now and only got to see them for the first time last year in Florida. I have a passion for a sport that just 5 years ago I didnt follow in any way shape or form and now here I am planning for England, Birmingham, Aston, Villa Park.

Touching on the sports note I am finally getting a chance to see Green Bay play at home for the first time this weekend so I am now getting buzzed for the trip down there. Its going to be about -10 predicted which will be fantastic weather for the game!

I might not know what I want to do with my life just yet so until them I am jsut going to enjoy it all. Got a job application in the works to head back to my old job in Florida at Disney which some might have seen me post else where. So I can enjoy a year down in the sun!

No lady friend right now and it doesnt appear anything will be happening on that front anytime soon. Though life can change at any moment :)

Ever considered the military mate ? Being as you have a degree you'd earn more as an officer. Guaranteed monthly pay which isn't that bad when you make Captain. You could pay off your debts, live and eat for dirt cheap, travel and play sport for a living. The obvious downside is premature death :winkold: You might even really enjoy it, and it opens a lot of doors for when you leave. If I were younger and fitter I would re-enlist tomorrow. I genuinely miss it .

I think the military would be high on both the 'Definitely don't want to do' and 'couldn't do' lists. Really not something I'd be any good at.

Plus my fitness, health, and incredible cowardice might hamper any military career for me.

Really not an option for me. Thankfully.

I was gonna start a thread on careers on things the other day actually.

I think the military would be high on both the 'Definitely don't want to do' and 'couldn't do' lists. Really not something I'd be any good at.

Plus my fitness, health, and incredible cowardice might hamper any military career for me.

What is it you want to do?

What is it you want to do?

He wants to be free. To do what he wants to do. And he wants to have a good time. And he wants to get loaded ....

I have written 3 responses to this thread, but I delete them each time as being overly melodramatic and the majority of my complaints being far from tangible. As much as to say, I'm not that happy.

I put 7.

I'm pretty happy. Took a point away for being single, a point away for it being crap weather, and took a point away because my TV broke last night so I have to move my 360 downstairs again!

Other than that I'm dandy. Going out with my mates again, parties coming up, talking to some people I haven't spoke to in a while, been talking to a new girl who seems quite nice.

It's dropped 50 degrees in a day. Villa,Jags,Gators have all lost in a big way. England not getting the World Cup is shit. Husband is stuck across an ocean. And rent is due. HOWEVER

I think you have to have a slump so when you do well it feels even better. I do have a husband that I love very much which many people don't have. The sun is still out. And since my landlord never fixed the sink he can wait and I don't feel bad. Also I just ate a chocolate chip cookie that was AWESOME! AND I just got 3 more donations for the toy drive at work.

Today is a 6, but could be 7-8 by the end of it :)

Probably an 8 in general terms ignoring the game last night. Today I've felt about a 0 though. In last year at Uni and the work has increased but I'm enjoying it a lot more than last year and I am finally playing football again after an horrendous year last year so things seem to be looking up at the moment.

Woody Allen for me sums it up best:

I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable.

Would have been 10 but drops to 9 for a few days. Will be back to 10 soon

Â