Snow Watch!

trekka

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's moved. We were told to brace ourselves for very heavy snow in West Yorkshire on Saturday, but the BBC forecast now says it ain't gonna happen.
I saw that on the weather forecast - something like 25cm in 3 hours?! Any idea where it's moved to?

Looks like it's moved. We were told to brace ourselves for very heavy snow in West Yorkshire on Saturday, but the BBC forecast now says it ain't gonna happen.
I saw that on the weather forecast - something like 25cm in 3 hours?! Any idea where it's moved to?
chris_avfc's house, hopefully.

The 2 guys sat either side of me are bricking it for their flights tomorrow. 1 guy flying out of Birmingham to Tenerife and the other out of Heathrow to Vegas, of course I'm not winding them up at all :D

I fly from Heathrow to Thailand on xmas day and i'm bricking it already.. i feel their pain!

chris_avfc's house, hopefully.
:lol:

Evil driving conditions on the way home. Im glad I had it at 11am when it was relatively quiet. The collector road is **** scary at the moment, its not been gritted and one of the lanes is just compacted ice. Car drivers being car drivers, you get the dippy tosser who thinks its a good idea to go in the icy lane and overtake everybody forgetting that the might need to use their brakes at some point.

I had some Citroen overtake me at the roundabout by the M6. I saw it smashed into the back of a lorry three minutes later at Smiths Wood.

The obligatory tannoy message at work again right before I left (just north of Portsmouth): "Significant levels of snow predicted over the weekend. Do not travel in on Monday if roads are hazardous. Take work home with you this evening in preparation". :hooray::clap:

Trying to work out if it's worth even trying to drive from London to Swansea tonight and if I make it, will I get back on Sunday. Any good recommendations for travel news sites? BBC and Highways agency don't really tell you anything useful.

Â