Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think we'll play 4-4-2 and do very well. It will be hard, but a win is certainly possible.

If we play this and press them as high up the pitch as possible we should win:

Friedel

Young       Collins      Dunne      Warnock

Young      Clark      Bannan    Downing

Agbonlahor    Carew

1. Settled back 4. Warnock had a bollocking for his stupidness last weekened.

2. Downing and Ashley both cover a lot of ground so will sit slightly deeper infield to be able to run out into the channels but provide a pass for CM. Don't hug the touchline, leave to space to run into.

3. If we play 3 in the middle we're likely to make it too congested for our own good. Midfield battles are lost on movement, not numbers.

4. Having Carew means we have an option for crosses even when Gabby drops deep with his back to goal.

5. Get Gabby and Carew to press as high up the pitch as possible. Don't give their defenders time to settle.

6. Wingers have to run at their full-backs as much as possible to get the beating of them. Get to the byline for pull-backs as much as possible.

7. If we sit back, they'll pass through us. We can't let them get near our box by going hell for leather right from the off and not giving them an inch anywhere.

8. DON'T WASTE FCKING POSSESSION. Anyone going to the game - please don't get on the players' backs when they go backwards to keep possession, it's exactly what they should do. Booing just makes them hoof it.

would be my tactics :)

Hard game for us if we canplay how we did against Man Utd we can beat em but might getbeat in this one though Arsenal lost 2 on the spin 1 aginst there bitter rivals late on and there be wanting to get a win. And i know a gooner as well so if we get beat i will be getting some stick

I really want us to win this one. It would be so important in changing the whole sense of momentum around the squad, and particularly the younger players. It would be a real boost to their confidence. There may not be a better time than tomorrow to beat Arsenal.

Come on the Villa!

2-0 Arsenal.

We'll do better than we did against Blackburn but we'll get the same result. I just hope we get a grip on the game, Arsenal, even weaker than they might like, are capable enough of completely destroying a side. We've already struggled against Blackpool this season in terms of being stuck in our own half, I dread to think what Arsenal could do given the same opportunity.

I have faith in these players. We are certainly capable of getting a positive result so long as we play to our strength - play at a high tempo and really drive at the opposition at pace. When we have done this recently - second half against Sunderland and Man Utd and for a decent portion of the game against Fulham we have looked good. Its what we do best and this backwards and sideways bollocks we have seen all too frequently as got us nowhere ( well apart from either backwards of where we started or to the side :winkold: ).

Just **** go for it.

We just need to go all out like we did against Man United. Play an attacking game and expose Arsenal's defence like the spurs did last week. I'll be disappointed if we adopt a defensive style and play for a draw, but if we go out onto the pitch looking to score then I'll be glad no matter the result.

Villa need to become more confident in their ability to score. They are definitely capable of it.

My whole family and a lot of my friends barrack for Arsenal so the tension is definitely high. I'll be watching the game from Australia tonight to hopefully see the Villa snatch the 3 points.

C'mon Villa!

Had a dream we'd win with a dominant win (which was very odd because I never dream about Villa). If Gabby is out think we'll struggle, but hopefully we stick 2 up front and put pressure on their shit defence. Think Fabregas out for them will actually improve them because Nasri is in better form and plays much better in the attacking central role.