Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling strangely confident today. We often seem to play well against Arsenal and we haven't lost at home in the league for a while. I'm going for 2-1 to us, with it being a tough match. We can certainly beat them, yet we need to put them on the back foot from the off. Attack, attack, attack!

The only time they handed out a pasting to us was when Fabregas came out and changed the game. Remember Emirates, 2-0 to us? (Clichy o.g. and Ash, and Ash missed a penalty IIRC) We repeat that we'll win.

I'm confident in our players.

Different one to call this.

We're still missing that ability to kill teams off when so obviously on top. Its okay playing attractive, free-flowing football (which tbf we are), but if you're giving stupid points away at the death or whatever its all a bit pointless.

Safety first, entertainment later.

Draw, or we may suffer a backlash from what has been a pretty crap week for them. Hope not.

The only time they handed out a pasting to us was when Fabregas came out and changed the game. Remember Emirates, 2-0 to us? (Clichy o.g. and Ash, and Ash missed a penalty IIRC) We repeat that we'll win.

I'm confident in our players.

I blame MON for that and it showed up his tactical ineptitude. When Fabregas came on MON should have put NRC on to even up middle of the pitch and because of this Fabregas strolled around Emirates at his leisure

Today we should line up 4-5-1 if all fit

Brad

Young Collins Dunne Warnock

Young Ireland Bannan Pires Downing

Carew

if Gabby isnt fit. Carew knows he is playing for a contract either here or elsewhere so i expect performances from him in next few games

If we slip up it will cost us in this game, no sitting back at all in this game, continious attack for 90 minutes and dominating possesion is the key.

Yes but we never do that, we always end up defending deeper and deeper and then the inevitable happens.

If we play like we played in the Man U game we could win it but I hate to say I have absolutely no confidence that we will. Our problem is scoring goals pure and simple.

Carew is great on his day if he plays, Gabby is not fit and is now apparently ill and the Fonz can't carry the line on his own. We do not have Albrighton to rip into them so I am just wondering where the goals will come from.

I'd love to say we will win this but I just can't see it

No 5 in midfield! It won't work against a good passing team and will just end up giving them more space.

It did work a couple of years ago but those three were considerably more experienced than those that will play in midfield today.