Dublin

Demitri_C

I love Ireland and the Irish people in general, but **** me there's a load of bollocks spouted whenever it comes to Guinness. It's a nice enough pint, but the marketing of it over the years makes it seem like it has almost magical properties. It's a mass produced drink that people would have you believe is the greatest thing on earth.

Who gives a **** about the marketing. Guinness is piss everywhere bar a few pubs in Dublin. The reason, bar sells a good pint of Guinness means they sell lots of pints, they sell lots of pints they have fresh kegs of Guinness all the time, Guinness loses its creaminess over time. Meaning if you get regular deliveries of Guinness from the brewery down the road you'll have the best Guinness.

Also just because something is local brewed doesn't mean it's great. Lots of local brewed beers are average at best, there are some gems. Oh and we have plenty of local beers, a chain of pubs called The Porter House in Dublin scour the country for local beers and only sell micro brewed beers, stouts and ales. Some real gems there. Also most bars sell imported beers from Europe, I personally love Budvar, Spaten, and Leffe to name a few.

I couldn't care what they did when making it if it tastes good.

Hence, stick to Whiskey. You'll never be disapointed.

Guinness with a whiskey chaser (preferably a Shirley Bassey) is proper winter-time session booze.

I do like a Guinness every now and then. It's my winter drink.

1st March-31st August I drink cider (preferably Bulmers or Magners)

1st September - 28/9th February I drink Guinness.

There is a lot of good Guiness to be had outside Dublin, just not outside Ireland.

This is true, it all depends on how fresh the keg is. I had a very good pint of guinness in courtown actually.

I have a feeling we have done this before .....Keg ...keg temp.....distance to keg......clean line.....Slighly waterstained glass....two part pull.....Second pull is it a back pull or front ....etc etc..........All play a deciding role

Tells you all you need to know Have you had it before? I'll get you one in Murrays for the Chelsea game.

i should be coming up to murrays if i am not too hungover

i dont drink any beer!! but i will get you one if i can make it down there :)

Â