Dublin

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Did you happen upon The Bankers bar? Are in their 3 out of 4 days, Guinness pie was banging.

Its a nice pub for daytime drinking but gets a bit too busy at night time to really enjoy it. They do a good Guinness though I havent been there in a few years so might have changed 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2022 at 10:45, fightoffyour said:

Did you happen upon The Bankers bar? Are in their 3 out of 4 days, Guinness pie was banging.

Ah, Bankers, ironically around the corner from The Bank.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 22:29, MCU said:

Wonderful time, what a lovely little City!

Let us know what you got up to :):thumb: Glad you enjoyed it. And yes it is surprisingly 'little' when you walk around it. It's a capital city with an almost village feel to it (unless you start to venture out into the suburbs).

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Earlier this year I spent an evening in Lucan, it's a peculiarly different experience. It feels like you could be in any nameless place on earth, right up until the train gets you back to Heuston.

Lucan is anonymous. You're close enough to civilisation but far enough out that it's not fun. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Heading over at the back end of the summer to watch the US College football game with the missus as her Alma mata is playing. Seems Airbnb’s aren’t cheap. 
any recommendations for slightly cheaper parts of town to stay? 
Suspect we won’t have a whole heap of time there so will probably do the Kilmainham and Storehouse tours.
Her first time over there - what else is a must-do?

Oh and any fancy restaurants would be appreciated. I’ve a hankering for abrakebabra but I doubt she’ll be keen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2024 at 17:49, choffer said:

Heading over at the back end of the summer to watch the US College football game with the missus as her Alma mata is playing. Seems Airbnb’s aren’t cheap. 
Suspect we won’t have a whole heap of time there so will probably do the Kilmainham and Storehouse tours.

Oh and any fancy restaurants would be appreciated. I’ve a hankering for abrakebabra but I doubt she’ll be keen. 

I'm not ignoring you by the way. I'm just so out of touch with what's happening in the city centre these days. All the advice I've put in here over the years is probably still all I know about the place. Other than the restaurants changing, it'll probably all still be relevant too. Apart from the prices. They'll have gone up. In fact they've gone up since I started typing this post. I'll have a think about restaurants and post back.  But definitely go for an Abrakebabra :) 

• Thanks 1

On 19/02/2024 at 17:49, choffer said:

We stopped in a town called Trim, lovely town, big castle that was featured in Braveheart apparently - was 30/40 mins away from Dublin but booked a mini-bus driver for the weekend, worked out a lot cheaper than stopping in Dublin itself. 

• Thanks 1

Â