Dublin

Demitri_C

the place was called the temple bar, it was red on the corner of the street, it was half 1 in the morning when they charged us that though, cant remember coming across bruxelles, there are a about half a dozen other bars we went in that i cant remember where or what they were called, have to say the guiness storehouse was disapointing but the view of the city from the top is amazing, must of walked 12 miles over the two days. definatly going again, probably next summer infact

I know The Temple Bar well. It's a good place and yes it's definitely one of the dearer pubs in Dublin, although I didn't think it went as far as €7. I tend to drink Guinness which is cheaper so maybe I'm protected from lager & cider prices a bit :) I could've told you the Guinness storehouse is shit with overpriced admission. But it's one of those boxes people feel they need to tick when they come here.

Oh and stay away from Copperface Jack's. It's where all the Culchies (e.g. Meath_Villan) go. Unless you want to score with some stinkin' heifer from Mayo.

the Temple Bar is a farce of a pub in the prices, once paid 6.70 for a pint in there and never bought a beer in there again, Fitzsimmons about 100 yards walk is just as bad for prices

Jameson Distillery tour> Guinness Storehouse

• 11 months later...

Just booked a flight for Dublin for me and the missis in jan. Will obviously be taking in some drinks, but what else is not to be missed? There for 4 days fri-mon.

Just booked a flight for Dublin for me and the missis in jan. Will obviously be taking in some drinks, but what else is not to be missed? There for 4 days fri-mon.

Being all serious for a mo' though. I just typed "Dublin things to see" into a google search and it brought up a new gnarly "Dublin points of interest" section at the top that shows quite a lot of the stuff that I would have suggested to you, so definitely start there. As for drinkie places, the earlier posts in this thread pretty much cover all of that :)

• 8 months later...

Flying to Dublin and spending a day before I go to Birmingham and Villa Park for the Man City game.

Im thinking since its just a day I'll take the sightseeing bus tour and step off at the Guinness Storehouse and maybe some other stop. Read this thread so it will be the pub Bowes for the best Guinness and then Temple Bar-area hoping to find some nurses  ;)

Is it an ok day or am I missing something?

I may comeback here for more specific Q's later.

Â