Dublin

Demitri_C

• 6 months later...
What a shit hole.
I'm needing to get to cork from dublin, i'm sure it's easy but what's the best cheapest way? Have to search the family roots..dad lived there most his growing up life, moved from dublin.

• 2 weeks later...
What a shit hole.
I'm needing to get to cork from dublin, i'm sure it's easy but what's the best cheapest way? Have to search the family roots..dad lived there most his growing up life, moved from dublin.

Assuming you're going from Cork city, the best way is the Aircoach. It's about e20, doesn't stop at every third house so is fairly quick, and is comfortable. The train is about an hour faster but is twice the price unless you can get a good deal.

I'm going to be heading to Dublin on 29th June for a stag. How expensive is it out there now?

The stag was originally supposed to be in Prague. I can see myself spending a few extra sheets now...

all depends where in Dublin you go. If you go to the Temple Bar area expect to be fleeced but other areas around can find beers cheaper. Average price of a pint is roughly about 4.60 in city centre itself while in Temple Bar nearly 6 euros

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Dublin now and I'd say near the temple bar area the best cheapest food is at a newish place called The Pieman Cafe, where you can get bangers and mash and onion gravy for 5€ and it's spot on!

A good trip out is to Howth, there's supposed to be an even better coastline walk and sightseeing place but I've forgotten the name cos I haven't been yet.

You don't need loads of time to see the city though and be aware the weather can change fast, even faster than birmingham!

Oh ye just read over this thread and I'll go try a pint at Bowes if you're saying it's the best one. Haven't been to that one yet and wasn't bowled over by the difference of the guinness, smooth and nicer but not immense difference yet but having only had it at gogartys (ye i know) and cafe en seine, that could be why.

café en seine is a terrible place to go. expensive, pretentious and security are assholes. though hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Other coastline view is possibly Bray is a nice walking route out there

Ye I heard that about cafe en seine, it was quiet when we went in. I heard about bray, I may go today

Though I'm in the centre now. Just met Paul McGrath, dead nice guy. He said he thinks "we are safe from relegation" Amongst other things.

Exactly! I asked him and he said so himself. On twitter he says something to his lad to the same effect. Sad as it is for a grown man, it was a highlIght for me chatting with him a bit yesterday

Exactly! I asked him and he said so himself. On twitter he says something to his lad to the same effect. Sad as it is for a grown man, it was a highlIght for me chatting with him a bit yesterday

He tweeted on sunday:

"Poor result for us at ot, hope united can push on and win the league now #Mcleish negative style once again!"

What a legend!

He tweeted on sunday:

"Poor result for us at ot, hope united can push on and win the league now #Mcleish negative style once again!"

What a legend!

he also retweeted, tweeted and private messaged me about meeting up on Tuesday... Legend! :)

• 4 months later...
Â