Dublin

Demitri_C

That's what I love about England :D Prices are ridiculous for the right reasons. But tbf to Dublin, our prices are more representative of European capital cities. Certainly the ones I've been in.

That's the one thing I don't like about Dublin, the prices of drinks are absolutely chuffing ridiculous.

yeah i have heard this too mart!

i think im gonna buy a few bottles from duty free as it will save us some serious money it seems!

sounds fun times though :)

To be fair we have a very good selection of beers on offer in Dublin. In the uk it's cheaper but you're stuck drinking the shame shit all the time. You have bars with twenty different beers on tap over here and then a huge selection of large bottles. It's great.

But still it's expensive, though prices are coming down in many bars, harbor master in ifsc is €4 a beer, O'Reillys is €3.60 which is equally to just over £3. Guinness is €4.10 in (£3.50) most places I drink it.

To be fair we have a very good selection of beers on offer in Dublin. In the uk it's cheaper but you're stuck drinking the shame shit all the time.

That just isn't true at all I'm afraid. I've drunk in bars all over the world, and there are good pubs with a good selection of beers, and crap ones who don't, Dublin isn't any different to anywhere else.

I was in a pub in Wigan last week, which is hardly the most cosmopolitan place on earth, but it must have had about 8 real ales on tap, plus a large selction of lager on tap and in bottles, plus a huge slection of whisk(e)ys.

Sorry Risso but while I'm sure there are pubs in England with a good selection, there are far more that don't. I've often found myself having to suffer Tuborg or Stella or some local stuff. I think our tastes are very different too. You guys are big into ales and bitters over there. Which is probably part of our problem - because those tend to take up the majority of the taps and we're just not that into it. Yuck.

I dont get why fosters is so big ...hate the stuff..well thats a lie I dont hate it but I would rather drink a pint of harp its that far down on the list .......But thumbs up on the cask ales love em.......apart from the shyte in bhx

Sorry Risso but while I'm sure there are pubs in England with a good selection, there are far more that don't. I've often found myself having to suffer Tuborg or Stella or some local stuff. I think our tastes are very different too. You guys are big into ales and bitters over there. Which is probably part of our problem - because those tend to take up the majority of the taps and we're just not that into it. Yuck.

This, every bar in dublin will have heineken, coors, carlsberg, guinness, miller, bud, bulmers and smithwicks, with stella, paulaner and staropramen in most pubs too. Then the selection of bottled beers is huge too.

So every bar in Dublin has a load of overpriced, mass produced fizzy piss then. Great!

I think all the ale and bitter you get in England is piss.

We get all the shite that you mention like Carlsberg, Stella, Heineken and the like, but also some lovingly crafted local beers which you just wouldn't get in Ireland.

I've never been to Ireland, as I've got Irish roots I've always fancied a visit someday, Co Offally I think.
Is that your roots or where you fancy going? I'd close my eyes and pick again if you've no other reason to go there :)

Â