General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

General Krulak here:

1. VillaandLoyal: I must not know the question...because I have answered the issue of the Safety Group's decision about 3 times. I am NOT "skirting" anything. JUST WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT TO KNOW????? I confess that I am at a loss as to what it is that you are asking.

2. Christchurchvillan: A decision is due very shortly. I will try to get one today or tomorrow.

3. stan-boy: I don't think this would be possible.

4. jack_bauer87: I have no idea where you got your information but you are wrong. The deal was absolutely something that MON was intimately involved with.

General,

I must admit I find it hard to comprehend that you failed to understand my request to you, made in plain English, about two fellow posters and the points they had raised after an earlier reply of yours.

But, to make it a little clearer for you as suggested, I have taken the time to paste the actual posts I mentioned as they raise similar points to my own. The pasted text, which are questions other fans have asked you on recent pages of this thread, I would like answering too, please.

Villan_avfc:

It's like your account has been hijacked by the FLA and they're reading us the party line.

on your first paragraph, why is it that known persistent standers are allowed to take 4200 to the sty (not us though, of course) yet when the same teams come to villa park they have the usual allocation of 2800 cut to 2300/2400. does that not show favouritism towards birmingham city football club?

secondly, it hasn't 'eventually' caused repercussions. we've had our allocations cut a number of times in the past so i'm not sure why you think that claiming you've written about persistent standing on numerous occassions means you've somehow enlightened us in this instance. this cut in numbers has just gained a lot more attention because of what match it is and the way in which the ruling seems to show some bias against our club; again, why is it that 4200 united, liverpool, chelsea, citeh, west ham fans can occupy the railway end whilst standing for ninety minutes yet it is deemed that only 3800 villa will be safe in that same end? it doesn't make sense, does it?

as for it not being worth discussion, in a recent poll, it was shown that 94.2% would like to see safe standing areas implemented in the UK. so clearly you shouldn't be so dismissive...these fans are the ones who put money into the club and it's a debate that rages on with the majority of football fans clearly backing the idea. pretty disgraceful response, that, from a club that prides itself on its interaction with the fans.

it's a simple, pointless, flawed regulation, general. the FLA quango isn't needed and hopefully the new coalition will see that. they're certainly looking into it as david cameron himself has talked about. and if you'd like to send me the ground regs i'll happily delete the part about standing in all seater stadia. hardly like 'trying to push a wet noodle up an incline'.

and no, it isn't a pipe dream. what are the threats that the council, its SAG, and the FLA can make? closure to a stand or part of a stand or revoking a club's safety certificate. for action such as this (or in deed any action) to be taken, they must prove in court that the action being taken is in proportion to the risks involved. there is not one single piece of evidence to suggest that seating is safer than standing and nobody has been seriously injured because they've been standing in a seated area. in the case of man united, it never even got that far. it's plain to see from the above that they'd have won the case and as such trafford borough council decided to back away from the situation.

that's the problem with people in this country, they don't know their rights and will go along with anything somebody in an official role tells them. most people are still under the impression that it is illegal to stand at a football match.

so i ask again, what is the club's stance on the possibility of safe standing areas in football grounds? would the club welcome them? would the club back them in a vote as the previous regime would have done? as i say, this is an answer i would like (and i'm sure many others would too) from the club, not a throw away comment from you about it not being worthy of discussion.

thanks.

And terrytini:

Must echo the above General.

I work with Environmental Health Officers who have responsibility for safety at Sports Grounds, and they tell me they do NOT enforce the no standing rule in their Authority - so there are choices.

Edgbaston Cricket ground ? Persistent standing.

NIA/ NEC - persistent standing.

Old Trafford - persistent standing

All Champions League games - persistent standing.

I don't live in Birmingham, but I ask all who do to petition your local councillor to ask why, when all Services are under review, this has sufficient priority to be enforced. Their EH Service has just been drastically cut, so that little food enforcement and noise pollution can now get done - so why are they singling this out ?

We as a club should challenge it - what good to the fans is you having a good relationship with a load of councillors if this happens ?

And as it is a Tory/Lib Dem Authority they are under INSTRUCTIONS from Party HQ to 'listen to the community....

If you would kindly take the same time I have used to set this out clearly for you to answer the points raised, then I would be most grateful.

Thanks in anticipation.

V&L

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked at the decision to make a new home shirt next season, I won't be buying a shirt this season.

I agree with this General. I would go as far as saying that I am absolutely disgusted. Whilst I can see that it is Nike's fault for the main part, surely some compromise could have been made. Either reducing the top to under £30 or making it last until the end of next season.

It feels as if this is an attempt to rob us loyal supporters. The ridiculous attempt to make us happy with free lettering and numbering is just that. We don't all want the name and number of someone that will be gone in five months time...

This is the first time I have been truly disappointed in yourself and Lerner. I really expected more and do not believe that it would have been totally out of your hands to make a deal with Nike, being that they messed up in the first place.

The only chance of me buying our top this season will be from a cheaper vendor, so my money won't be heading to Aston Villa.

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the club fleecing people of their much needed money in these hard times? That is basically what it is.

I'm sorry for the harsh tone of this General, however I am truly disgusted. I expected more from our beloved club. Shift the blame onto Nike all you will, however I fail to see how a deal could not have been struck with them to sell it cheaper or make it last longer....

Hi General,

Thanks for the update on the kit situation, I'm sure you can understand to many adults the offer of free lettering on the shirts isn't really of much interest so many (myself included) probably won't buy the kit. It simply doesn't represent value for money at any time let alone times like these. I can accept the club have contractual obligations and have their hands tied so accept as read that the club have done everything they can on this issue to date.

My question is in relation to when the shirt does go on sale, will the club outlets be informing those buying the shirt (home & away) of their limited shelf life? There are many many fans and family members of fans who simply do not frequent sites like this and could if not informed in the club shops (or on the club shop website) purchase the shirts without knowledge of exactly what they are buying.

I would hate for a relative of mine to spend their hard earned money on a shirt for me not knowing that it will be out of date within a few short months.

General, further to the decision on fleecing the clubs loyal support over the kit debacle. May i add that i will not be purchasing any nike product from the shop whilst they are our supplier. I also urge other Villa fans to do the same.

I have already spent a small fortune following my club home and away this season. Can you imagine the cost to a mere mortal like myself when you cionsider that i have three Kids in tow, and sometimes the wife? And its not as if i have a well paid job, i dont and work is getting scarce......then i have xmas coming!!!!!

I dont want thanks for that General, because i do it out of loyalty, and the same goes for the vast majority of us. The Kit decision, is just a kick in the bollox, and i think we deserve better than to be fleeced by our own club.

I know your not happy with the situation General, but the club seems very happy to take our money. It just does not sit right with me.

with regards to the kit

I wont be buying one for myself as i just dont like the fit of nike football shirts, but I will be buying one for my godson and he is too young to understand it will be out of date in a matter of months so thats not a major problem but it does gripe me to pay full whack for it regardless

mind you lets just hope next seasons kit release is as much of a joke as this one as that would mean this shirt wont be out of date untill the new one is released in december 2011

Myquestion is, General, will you be going to the pre-season tournament next year in Hong Kong? I've already booked my time off as its not too far for me and a good friend of mine is the Club Secretary at Blackburn so will be able to catch up with him and give him a good ribbing when we beat them!!

:-)

General, must echo the previous messages about the kit and in particular Nike's position in all this. However this is how the situation is and now the club must somehow force Nike's hand for next season (if they are still contracted to us.).

I wish to start a compaign today that the 2011/12 kits be absolute replicas (minus sponsors obviously) of the European Cup winning kits. The kit is to be supplied from May 26 2011, marking a year of celebrating the 30th anniversary of winning the European Cup. What do you think general?

General,

After you've enjoyed your few days off can the club release details of the 1st week shirt sales? Id like to know how they compare to previous years and see if the fuss on here reflects peoples opinions in general

Also im sure id mentioned it before, any chance of a sale on our classic shirts to give us a chance to stick our fingers up at nike? I dont blame the club for this mess but do feel like we may have missed a trick by not having a huge push on our own stiff

General,

The problems with this seasons kit can't now be fixed and I guess we'll all have to live with them - good people learn from difficult situations, what steps are the club taking to ensure that next seasons kit is released in a timely fashion?

As a fan, I've always thought that a sensible date for the release of a kit would be June 1st so that people have a chance to wear it on their holidays, we've aimed for later than that in recent years, and there were a number of people who felt that even if this years release had gone to plan it was still a very late release date.

What would the club consider a suitable release date for the 2011-12 kit and will we be able to manage our suppliers in hitting that date?

General,

I have a close friend who has just moved to Birmingham from Tenerife, Spain. There he was working as a Physical Trainer and Goalkeeping Coach for the youth teams at Tenerife C.D., a Spanish Second Division team (similar to a championship side in England). He is now looking for work in Birmingham. Who could he get in touch with at AVFC to send his resume? Could you send me a private message with the contact details of who he should get in touch with?

P.S. My Jets are going to beat the Browns on Sunday :D Great win over the Pats this weekend though.

Thanks for the help.

General,

Two quick question and I would appreciate if you could take time at some point to reply:

1. I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I have ordered the new home shirt. However the offer of free printing of a name and number wasn't offered on the website. I understand that it is offered in both club shops in Birmingham. Why is this offer not on the website for loyal fans like myself who live across the water?

2. How long does the Nike deal run for?

Thank you in advance.

General Krulak here:

1. "sadly we are a big Club that likes to think small." Real nice comment...must make you feel good to say something like that.

no it doesnt make me feel good general, i have followed OUR beloved club for 28 years, and in all that time we have had the chances to move on and do something and never have, last season we got to the league cup final and fa cup semi final, every fan could see we have been short of numbers for the last 2/3 season's so what do we do in the summer, oh yeah we sell one of our best players and bring in someone that has hardly feature for his previous club.

we needed to take the bull by the horns in the summer and bring in the replacments, but we havent and now we have no strikers fit apart from a 19 year old prospect, and its no shock to me that heskey and carew are injuried, they both have history of this and are coming to the twightly of there career.

this doesnt change my love for OUR club, and i will support them through thick and thin, just as i think yourself and randy will, but i will say what i think and for 28 years we have always been a big club that thinks small and until this changes we will have to except the odd cup final and 6th to 10th place league finish.

And before you say we couldnt stop Jimmy leave, remember he was under contract, if he didnt like that fact then he should have been sent on gardening leave till his contract he was happy to sign ran out. extreme i know but its about time teams took control back from the greedy b'stard players.

i just hope than come january GH is given the funds to bring in the players we need or we could be looking at a very long depressing season.

anyway cheers general.

Morning General

Nothing too serious to ask but here goes. Who's decision was it to go with this purple clothing range this year ?

Purple has always struck me as one of those colours nobody wears, and judging by what I see on match days, most people tend to agree.

Have sales of the purple items reflected this ?

Liking the new black items though, and the retro blue/claret Nike track jacket which seems very popular.

Ta

Ulver

General - I would seriously consider keeping the black kit for away again - I like many really like the black away kit, it gives us an aiur of sophistication (in my eyes()

General, was in the Upper Holte for last nights match for the first time in a while and I have to say that the P.A system was appalling, you really couldn't understand anything being said up there.

Can I suggest that someone looks into it as one would imagine safety announcements would be a concern.

General,

on a positive note after requests for the scores to come up during the game and half time scores to include the lower leagues, last night once again it looks like the club does listen

thanks

I noticed this too, well done Villa :thumb:

Hey General,

Just a question about the kit - of a different kind though.

Im sure when the club predicts its yearly income that kit sales are involved in these sums.

So I was just wondering with the kit coming out so late, what effect could this have - if any - on the potential profit of the club this financial year?

Regards

Stuart