General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General, (mods - please do not remove)

I hope you are well.

Before I start, may I just say that you, Randy and the Board are the best things to have happened to AVFC in my lifetime. You breathed live into a club going nowehere under O'Leary/Ellis and have given me my most exciting times following Villa. I have spent the last 5 or so years spreading the gospel of Randy Lerner's AVFC and everything the board have done since they came in. I have and still am genuinely proud of the club and our owners. I am one of the most positive fans you will ever meet, read any of my previous and i'm sure the vast majority will show you that I always look at the glass half full and passionately argue the toss with doom mongerers and moaners.

Friends, family and colleagues have told me from the start of the GH reign and especially with our sequence of recent bad results, that he is past it - a bad appointment and a big mistake from the board. I have argued against them, always stuck up for him and said that I will not judge him until he has had a full season with his own squad of fit players. He has been left with an average, overaged squad and has alot of injuries.

However Gerard Houllier's position as Aston Villa manager is untenable. Forget the awful run of form and results, forget how out of touch he is with the modern game, forget the gutless performances of recent weeks, forget turning the leagues meanest defence into an absolute calamity, forget the embarassing 0-0 draw at home to blues where we played with 1 up top and looked happy with a draw, forget the fact that none of the players repsect him. Forget all that.

The reason his job is now untenable is becuase on Monday night he cheated on us. I'm sure when you appointed him he was viewed as the best man for the job, much like when you choose a girlfriend or wife you see them as perfect for you. They are perfect in every way until they cheat on you, until they dance with another bloke and mug you off infront of everyone at the party, until they show you how much you actually mean to them by ignoring you when their ex is at the same party and they're constantly looking to wave at them or re-ignite the old flame. Things are never the same after that. And this is what GH did to our club on Monday night. He mugged us off...the great AVFC, the founders of the Football League, The European Champions, the Holte End, the fans.

He can win the next 10 games on the trot but it doesnt matter. This issue is beyond football. We have been cheated on, and Randy and the board have to uphold the traditions of the club and send him on his way. It hasnt worked out, he's made his bed and he can now go and lie in it.

P.S - you can also 'unforget' all the absolutely garbage managerial decisions/qualities he has made listed above.

Please pass this onto Randy. I apologise if I have gone over what has already been said but I had to write this.

As always, sir - massive respect to you.

Thanks for your time.

Chads

Right folks, there really isn't anything left to say on this topic and I don't think there is much else left for the General to add.

So lets move on please, if you wish to continue to debate events of Monday night and what has followed please do so on the main board. No more debate between posters please in here.

Can I also remind people to show a little respect to other members of the site and their opinions and to the General himself as a member of VT.

Thanks

Any more posts ignoring the moderator's polite request will be removed. Please pay heed. We understand the feelings, but if this thread is to work as it should, then repeating a clearly given message multiple times will not help. The General has said he's recieved the messages loud and clear. Thank you

General,

If someone had of said to you on August the 8th that in 4 months time Aston Villa would be sitting 16th in the Premiership having won one of their last 10 league games, that the 4th best defence in the league from last season had become the 4th worst, that we'd be out of the League Cup having been beaten by that tripe from down the road, that we would have a new manager that disrespected the supporters and had lost the respect of a number of supporters who wanted him out and that our best player had left and not been replaced, would you have believed them?

Mark

general,

i asked this before but i think you missed it... do clubs take out insurance on players contracts running out and losing them for nothing? i know they do for injuries etc, so ive always been curious if it was something that was available for players not signing new deals too

not really villa related, but you'd know better than anyone on here i assume

cheers

Hi General,

with the evidence being shown in recent weeks that we don't have strength in depth to maintain a top 6-7 position, especially with injuries we are sustaining and players like Friedel at the end of their career, are we looking to strengthen in the January transfer window?

is this something Randy is wanting to achieve going forward into the second part of the year?

We have some great young talent that need game time and experience, but we need proven top quality talent in amongst these players to really give us a strong backbone to the squad.

I think we only need one player in defence, midfield and strike force to really give us that. Problem is that those 3 players could cost a total of about £25-£30m. If we manage to sell some players, will we have funds to make up the difference?

Albrighton, Clark, Bannan have probably saved us a good £25m going forward if we can keep them. They will develop and become regulars, I have no doubts about that.

Also on another note, are you a traditional Turkey/Goose for christmas dinner? or something different like a glazed Ham or roast beef?

Hi General

A member of the coalition government has tabled a private members bill in the Houses of Parliament concerning the introduction of safe-standing in football grounds throughout England and Wales. If this bill were to be successful (big if) what would be the chances of seeing part or parts of VP converted to the type of areas common in German football stadiums?

Here's a link to an article concerning this

The Independent

Secondly what are the chances of the club having a survey or even a referendum about this topic?If the majority of fans voted in favour could the club not then begin to lobby the FA and the government to help the campaign?

I'm pretty upset with you General. Still not getting a straight answer from you. I've asked at least thrice...Can you please reveal what is in Hangar 18 at Area 51.

A concerned Nevada citizen.

:D

Hi General

A member of the coalition government has tabled a private members bill in the Houses of Parliament concerning the introduction of safe-standing in football grounds throughout England and Wales. If this bill were to be successful (big if) what would be the chances of seeing part or parts of VP converted to the type of areas common in German football stadiums?

Here's a link to an article concerning this

The Independent

Secondly what are the chances of the club having a survey or even a referendum about this topic?If the majority of fans voted in favour could the club not then begin to lobby the FA and the government to help the campaign?

General

It might be worth taking a look at the 'Would you vote for a Safe Standing Area at Villa Park?' poll on the main board. The initial responses show overwhelmingly that Villa fans WOULD like the opportunity to stand if they wish, by following new safe technology already employed in Germany.

The results at the time of my posting are as follows:

Safe Standing Area(s) at VP ?

Yes - Jump Around if You Love Villa

90% [ 88 ]

No - sit down, shut up

7% [ 7 ]

"Wevs" - I only watch on the telly

2% [ 2 ]

Hi General,

What do you make of all the negative press, in both the national and local media, the club is receiving due to the actions of the manager? and do you feel that what you have said on these and other messages boards as been reported as you meant it?

Regards

Mark

General,

On another site you have indicated that due to press 'spin' you are withdrawing from the boards for a while. Can I say I am rather annoyed at this.

The vast majority of what you post on here is in no way controversial and is a 'conduit' for fans to have contact with the club.

Yes, we have had the pigs in mud saga and now the GH fiasco. As an experienced Senior Officer in the Forces a member of more boards that anyone could count I find it rather strange you would not have expected exactly the type of reporting that you have had.

I think I know your answer but is this your decision or have you been told to 'pull your neck in'.

In fairness this week has been a fiasco and as no one else at the club took the initiative to speak to the fans about the upset does it now mean that we are going to be treated like mushrooms and be kept in the dark? Other than yourself the club is a rather non-communicative animal.

Well Denis I received this today and it is the same news here.

Personally I would like to add my thanks to The General and I know that other clubs' fans thought that to have this method of communication was excellent in the first place and we should simply thank The General for his 4 yrs and almost 1300 posts.

I believe that the time has come to take a break. NOT because I am concerned about the "good, bad and ugly" that might come from the thread but, rather, because any comments I make become cannon fodder for the media...and that media has no qualms about twisting my words to be incendiary. At the end of the day, this does not help the Club nor does it help the Fans.

Villa Talk is a hugely important site...and one that has had a major impact on how the Club has proceeded over the past few years. Like Vital Villa and Heroes and Villains, Villa Talk has been important to me personally and to the Club. Every member should be proud of what they have accomplished over the years. I have grown to appreciate, respect and admire those who have taken the time to post on my thread...even though some of the posts could be pretty rough at times. As I have said many times, you pay for your ticket, you have the right to comment!

For those who have thought that I was only a PR stunt for the Club or a "spin-meister"...believe me, you are wrong. I have tried, at all times, to be honest and straight forward on every subject. I have given my honest opinion at all times and have attempted to make the distinction between me as a Fan and me as a Board Member. Unfortunately, the media has never been able to make that distinction and that has been THE problem.

As General Douglas McArthur said, "I shall return".