Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

I see the club are trying to flog special deals for the Bolton game under the premise of "welcoming the new manager to Villa Park". They've been very careful in their choice of words, eg "Gerard Houllier will be in attendance" (ie, not actually working as manager) but to me it all smacks a bit of false advertising.

He is not going to attend then?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh that means team selection still up to KMac for the Stoke and Bolton games.

providing he plays reo coker in both games and doesnt go gung ho 4-4-2 team selection should be fine i think he learnt from his mistake at newcastle

Not so sure he has though Ash! Remember, he was going to have Ireland in the side that faced Everton, which to me means he was going to leave NRC on the bench and play the same team that showed up against Newcastle.

I am hoping to see 4-5-1 with NRC and Petrov alongside each other with Ireland behind Gabby and Ash Young back out wide. Means he has to leave out Downing or Albrighton and on recent form it would be interesting to see who gets ditched.

thats what id do as well

I see the club are trying to flog special deals for the Bolton game under the premise of "welcoming the new manager to Villa Park". They've been very careful in their choice of words, eg "Gerard Houllier will be in attendance" (ie, not actually working as manager) but to me it all smacks a bit of false advertising.

False advertising? Everyone does that.

He is not going to attend then?

I doubt he'll contractually be our new manager.

So what, cheap tickets..

What? Seriously?? You mean that an advertisement might not be 100% factual?

Shit man, I wondered why I didn't have hordes of women chasing after me once I'd sprayed myself with Lynx!

I see that with a new regime in place we still have the same old negativity though eh? If nothing else you are consistent Risso.

What's the special deal? Are the tickets more expensive than usual? If it is just a tag-line I suppose it can only be a lie if he doesn't attend, and I suppose that would give you a case for false advertising.

What's the special deal? Are the tickets more expensive than usual?

Nope!

That's VT! Complaints when things are too expensive, moans when things are cheap.

Well, I suppose the club could revoke the deal retroactively if GH doesn't attend. Send an invoice for the missing amount to the 1000 schmuks that picked up a ticket on the cheap. Wouldn't that void any claims of false advertising?

Shit man, I wondered why I didn't have hordes of women chasing after me once I'd sprayed myself with Lynx!

You're using it wrong bfHV; you need to turn the Lynx into a rudimentary flamethrower to chase the women into a cage, then do with them what you will. :thumb:

Disclaimer: I do not in any way condone the utilisation of fire as a means to trap women for sexual gratification, and do not take any responsibility for any future criminal charges brought against bannedfromHandV.

Now, having listened to and read far too many Alex Ferguson interviews where he deflects all that ails Man U from his own choices and decisions and puts things squarely on the shoulders of bad officials, the other coaches, the other underhanded tactics of his opponents, the parasite media, and on any and every body else on the planet but himself, I still have a hard time calling Ferguson a coward and an even harder time making him out to be some sort of shady character.

I'm sorry but Houllier has won things. Big things. He's admired by those who are also trying to win the things he has. No amount of fan ambivalence or media shit stirring is going to damper my enthusiasm at having a proven winner at the reigns of Aston Villa.

Which is all fine, in theory.

But how will you feel if he goes the DOL/ MON route of deflecting blame onto the supporters?

If he brings a measure of success such things tend to get overlooked. But he is operating under far less favourable conditions than he enjoyed at Liverpool (biggest spenders between 1999-2002) and Lyon, and he had an enduring reputation for being fractious and divisive even at those clubs.

Well according to Andy Gray, Houllier is very committed to being French thus his desire to honour his contract. His words not mine. :D

yeah, thought that was a bit tongue in cheek myself.

the way i look at this, houllier is never going to be fully committed to this job. he's taken a lot of stick in France lately and he's basically trying to spare his heart what he considers an easy job, which he can part manage from Paris, aiming for a Premiership spot between 7th and 12th with a team who have finished 6th 3 years on the trot. On top of that Houllier has never achieved with club or country. Steve Stauaton could manage Lyon and manage 2 league titles. With liverpool , what was it..3 cup wins in 6 years with a lot of money to spend and some world class players.

I am not a person who over-reacts regularly on Villa issues, last time was the signing of Heskey when we were 3rd in late January 2 years ago.

I think this appointment is going to knock Villa back to the end of the O'Leary years. Any other pro Houllier fans can criticise me for not giving this clown a chance, I don't really care. I am not going to live in false hope over what I consider to be a disastrous appointment.

I will still support Villa as strongly as ever, but fear for the club's future over the next couple of years.

Well todays revalations - are that Houllier is on very high salary at Villa Park

and that tonight he was at an awards ceremony so he couldn't make our game tonight.

Contrast that with Tony Pullis - who got to the game despite a family bereavement today.

My guess is that Houllier had his head turned by the cash on offer - and will quite often be in france even when he 'arrives' - we may as well have appointed Sven or give MON the funds he wanted, as this is begining to look load a more cash up the wall.

Â