Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No just a loan, we want him back for next season

So GH still thinks SI has a future with us? Does Ireland still think the same?

Yes and yes, he's just unsettled and needs some playing time elsewhere while we sort the team out

Good, he needs to get playing time; he hasn't had much in the last year and half. Let's hope the time at NC is well spent and he bucks his ideas up.

He hopes he does, yes.

We will see after this loan period. I can see a transfer request in my tea leaves!

He hopes he does, yes.

We will see after this loan period. I can see a transfer request in my tea leaves!

I live in the Newcastle area.. I'll be whispering sweet nothings about staying at Villa ;)

I really hope he finds his spark at Newcastle and can back with us and have a proper pre season etc. Its difficult to let go of a player that without a doubt has huge talent.

I really hope he finds his spark at Newcastle and can back with us and have a proper pre season etc. Its difficult to let go of a player that without a doubt has huge talent.

Catch 22 really though, if he does well and settles in Newcastle then chances are he'll probably want to stay. Not necessarily the worst situation though assuming the price is right, hard to see him wanting to come back here unless he finds the grass isn't always greener but if he does badly then his confidence will be as low as ever when he comes back to us.

Catch 22 really though, if he does well and settles in Newcastle then chances are he'll probably want to stay. Not necessarily the worst situation though assuming the price is right, hard to see him wanting to come back here unless he finds the grass isn't always greener but if he does badly then his confidence will be as low as ever when he comes back to us.

Surely we can't lose?

He gets himself together at mostly their expense, and comes back improved or if he settles, gets sold to barcodes for some ridiculous money after receiving, but not being able to spend, the £35m for Carroll.

If he's shit, he comes back as he went out, only they fund his wage and thus cut our losses until he goes in the summer.

I did wonder for a while yesterday if they wanted to keep him we could part-ex Carroll in the summer, but no chance of that now!