Stephen Ireland

Richard

As much as a loss as Osbourne. So huge.

Lmao

Gotta say this guy has taken the mick out of us as a club

He wasn't wanted where he was but didn't have the bottle to say no to being a make weight in another deal so we end up holding the baby, literally.

I respect him even less than Unsworth

I'm astounded by this.. What has he done that's "taken the mick out of us as a club"?

Now, tell me PLEASE, what has he done to take the mick out of AVFC??

Breaking my heart...

Whenever he crossed the white line to do his job, which you so rightly point out he gets paid 60k a week to do, the levels of performance take the mick - out of the club, the players, the fans and the manager and I don't care what his state of mind is, what problems he has finding a mansion or any other ways it impacts on his personal life - he has a job to do and he didn't do it.

I don't doubt for one second he isn't capable, the fact that he hasn't performed is a pi55 take and I for one don't want pi55 takers wearing our shirt.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally Gazton, i think it's a good move for him, I think what he needs at Villa is to come back in the summer with a clean slate, think with a good pre-season where we'll change our style and I think it proves he still has a future as we haven't agreed a future fee.

Personally Gazton, i think it's a good move for him, I think what he needs at Villa is to come back in the summer with a clean slate, think with a good pre-season where we'll change our style and I think it proves he still has a future as we haven't agreed a future fee.

This and to be honest he hasn't really put a shift in on the pitch anyway when he has had the chances so if he comes back and still isn't doing well we can probably sell him anyway.. of course it's up to him now, the managers seem to have been the problem for him, mancini, houllier etc let's see how well he does on his loan spell.

"low on confidence" and "out of form" are used by players or fans looking for excuses for players not performing.

Confidence and form are not magical spells cast by pixies that players have no control over, the're a state of mind and a state of condition that players who are dedicated to doing well at there sport focus on and get right.

When I've watched him for Villa he looked out of condition and like he'd just come back into the game from a year out with a broken leg.

I was hoping that they would keep him for the spring too, and give him some games but I really do hope that the loan helps him and he would be a great player for us next season.

Surely he is there for the rest of the season.

A quality player but for some reason it hasn't (yet) worked out. I hope you're right Gazton and his words about coming back in the summer to win his place are not empty words from him. With Bradley and Makoun to play with in the centre, he could be THE outstanding player for us. Genuinely want it to work out for him at Villa.

'doing nothing' is strong, in my opinion. I agree, he was poor. However, I'd challenge anyone to point out a player who was playing well during that period.

The common consensus on here was that he was one of our better players vs Liverpool. Since then he hasn't played.

Gazton, may I ask what do you think GH should have done when his performances where downright awful? For the record, I don't agree with GH going to the press and slating him publicly, but surely he needed to be told to up his game!?

All SI really had to do after that was to begin performing in a proper manner, justifying the faith we've shown in him by signing him in the first place, not to mention making him among the top earners in the club, right? Did this ever happen?

I respect the fact that he was never GH choice to begin with but given what happened with Dunne, I'd like to think SI would've gotten his chance again as well, had he been willing to work harder. Obviously I'm not implying he's 'taken the mick out of us as a club' or anything like that, which I don't think he has. All I am saying is it doesn't seem like he wants or ever wanted to be here.

When Stephen Ireland joined us we were a disjointed mess,players that were solid and reliable were anything but after MON quitting,and Ireland i feel didn't know where he fittted in so soon after joining us.I do believe and hope that after a full pre season that Ireland will be the player we know he can be.He could even be as good to us next season as Van der Vaart has been to spuds this season if he does settle in to the team and can be utilised properly.VFA UTV!!!

'doing nothing' is strong, in my opinion. I agree, he was poor. However, I'd challenge anyone to point out a player who was playing well during that period.

The common consensus on here was that he was one of our better players vs Liverpool. Since then he hasn't played.

When not playing well, the very least a player can do is show some effort. SI failed in this regard.

As much as a loss as Osbourne. So huge.

Lmao

Gotta say this guy has taken the mick out of us as a club

He wasn't wanted where he was but didn't have the bottle to say no to being a make weight in another deal so we end up holding the baby, literally.

I respect him even less than Unsworth

I'm astounded by this.. What has he done that's "taken the mick out of us as a club"?

He hasn't once badmouthed the club, the manager or his colleagues in the press. He has turned up for training when asked to, he has trained with the reserves and youth team when asked to.

He signed for a club in crisis, with a caretaker manager and was nothing but complimentary about the club when he signed. He WANTED to come here. It was a culture shock to him, leaving the club he had been at since the age of 15 but he WANTED to sign for us. He refused to sign for Sunderland and Everton and signed for Villa.

The only thing that he is guilty of is poor performance in the few games he has played for us. There are mitigating factors but people on here have decided that, since he's not James Milner, he's shite and a waste of money. When he signed, everyone knew he was of fragile character. Everyone knew he was a confidence player.

So, why was it so surprising that his performances dipped when his manager castigated him to the media? When his manager told him, to his face, that he was not wanted at the club his performances suffered. Why is that a surprise? He refused to request a transfer, because he wants to stay here and earn his place in the team.

He was told 2 weeks ago the club did not want him to go on loan, that there was a clean slate awaiting him when his knee injury cleared up. After hearing that news, he was elated. Overjoyed. Chuffed to f**k.

Finally, he was able to start the ball rolling on moving permanently to the midlands. His missus, who has been waiting nervously for confirmation of where they would be living for the next 3 years, started making plans to move to the midlands. Now, that's all scrapped and they have to move up here to Newcastle until May.

60k a week is all well and good, but when you're being dicked around and lied to no amount of money makes you feel better about it.

However, in spite of all of this, he has told AVFC that he wants to come back to the club in the summer and try to change his manager's mind about him.

Now, tell me PLEASE, what has he done to take the mick out of AVFC??

Great post and fully agree! Unfortunately, we've lost our most creative and technically astute midfielder and didn't even get the chance to see the best of him.

I'd have given anything to see Ireland line up with our current squad in our current mood. I don't even count prior performances as, like someone else said, our entire starting eleven was shite. Ireland would thrive in our team right now.

Hopefully he'll find form at Newcastle and Villa can take some of their Andy Carroll money and let Ged invest it as he sees fit, SI too much of a potential liability for me to ever be fully trusted as a regulat 1st teamer for the Villa.