Stephen Ireland

Richard

Our fully fit first team should be

-------------------------------------Friedal-----------------------------------------

Young-------------Cuellar---------------------Dunne-------------------Warnock

Albrighton----------Petrov--------------------Delph----------------------Young

-----------------------------------Ireland----------------------------------------

------------------------------------Gabby---------------------------------------

Just whack in NRC for Delph until he's fit and ready.

I never want to see Ireland as a holding player again.

Perfection!

Not bad at all, Collins in at CB depending on form and opponent, same with NRC/Petrov/Delph

But if I would love to see this:

-------------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------------------

Young-------------Cuellar/Collins---------------------Dunne-------------------Warnock

Donovan----------Petrov/NRC---------------Delph/Muntari-------Young

-----------------------------------Ireland----------------------------------------

------------------------------------Gabby---------------------------------------

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fully fit first team should be

-------------------------------------Friedal-----------------------------------------

Young-------------Cuellar---------------------Dunne-------------------Warnock

Albrighton----------Petrov--------------------Delph----------------------Young

Just whack in NRC for Delph until he's fit and ready.

I never want to see Ireland as a holding player again.

Perfection!

Not bad at all, Collins in at CB depending on form and opponent, same with NRC/Petrov/Delph

But if I would love to see this:

-------------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------------------

Young-------------Cuellar/Collins---------------------Dunne-------------------Warnock

Donovan----------Petrov/NRC---------------Delph/Muntari-------Young

Interesting Muntari shout. I like it. I like that team. Dom, ask the General for the job. You know how to add to the squad....check.....PL experience? I've seen you in the football manager thread a lot. Check.....it's yours.

Thanks mate!

I think we need a GK and if we get rid of Carew and Heskey at the end of the season, another ST to complement Delf, Gabby and Weinman. I just couldnt come up with many good names.

GK - Given?

ST - Zamora? Caroll? Santa Cruz?

Id also like to get rid of downing, sidwell, Beye and maybe add Park from United but doubt hed want to come, think adding those player plus a reserve LB and the coleman lad from Everton as RB cover would give us options galore:

GK:

Given or A. N. Other

Guzan

Defs:

Young, L.

Coleman

Collins

Davies

Clark

Dunne

Cueller

Warnock

A. N. Other LB

Mids:

NRC

Stan

Muntari

Delph

Young, A

Park

Ireland

Albrighton

Donovan

Forwards:

Gabby

Zamora

Delf

Weinman

With the outlay for Park, Zamora, Muntari, Donovan, Given, Coleman and a reserve LB I think your looking at 40-50 million.

Sell Heskey, Downing, Sidders and Carew (is his contract expired at end of season?) Beye, Friedel (contract up?), I could even handle Davies and NRC leaving to free up wage space, so your looking at maybe 20 million for that lot, plus the 18 million from Milner, your looking at around 10 million net spending to bring those new faces in, I reckon Randy can spring for that ;)

Edit, DOH forgot Muntari!

We really do need Delph back. I am a fan of NRC but his touch has completely deserted him of late. I'd actually replace him with Sidwell if he was available.

Sidwell's touch is never bad because he never gets near the ball!!

Anyway, his job as a ball boy is being held open pending his imminent return to fitness.

We really do need Delph back. I am a fan of NRC but his touch has completely deserted him of late. I'd actually replace him with Sidwell if he was available.

Sidwell's touch is never bad because he never gets near the ball!!

Anyway, his job as a ball boy is being held open pending his imminent return to fitness.

I know he's not the answer, but we did have a long and fairly successful spell with Sidwell in the side, both last season and the season before. It wasnt until Downing came back that he was dropped IIRC.

I'd personally play him, as he has the work rate and on his day, is an OK player. I don't think we can afford to play quite as many inept footballers as we do otherwise, (NRC, Cuellar, Beye, Carew, Gabby).

When i say inept footballers, i mean people who arent particularly comfortable with the ball.

Thanks mate!

I think we need a GK and if we get rid of Carew and Heskey at the end of the season, another ST to complement Delf, Gabby and Weinman. I just couldnt come up with many good names.

GK - Given?

ST - Zamora? Caroll? Santa Cruz?

Id also like to get rid of downing, sidwell, Beye and maybe add Park from United but doubt hed want to come, think adding those player plus a reserve LB and the coleman lad from Everton as RB cover would give us options galore:

GK:

Given or A. N. Other

Guzan

Defs:

Young, L.

Coleman

Collins

Davies

Clark

Dunne

Cueller

Warnock

A. N. Other LB

Mids:

NRC

Stan

Muntari

Delph

Young, A

Park

Ireland

Albrighton

Donovan

Forwards:

Gabby

Zamora

Delf

Weinman

With the outlay for Park, Zamora, Muntari, Donovan, Given, Coleman and a reserve LB I think your looking at 40-50 million.

Sell Heskey, Downing, Sidders and Carew (is his contract expired at end of season?) Beye, Friedel (contract up?), I could even handle Davies and NRC leaving to free up wage space, so your looking at maybe 20 million for that lot, plus the 18 million from Milner, your looking at around 10 million net spending to bring those new faces in, I reckon Randy can spring for that ;)

Edit, DOH forgot Muntari!

Not Zamora for me, I like him but he will be 30-31 (jan) for the season of 11-12 and I just think that's too old personally for the price he'd be at.

Goalkeeper, probably go with Given too.

Coleman looks really good, can't get a game too so that'd be a great move, especially with Young probably only 2, maybe 3 seasons maximum left in him.

Allow Davies to leave, Clark and Baker coming through as 4th/5th choice defenders is good enough.

Another left back, mentioned before, Armand Traore, cheap, available, can play left midfield too. After his loan spell with Juve, just to provide some competition.

I like the idea of Muntari, so stick with that, Donovan too to be honest. Don't think we need Park that much though, unless the new manager has a real intent to compete in Europa League as well (if we get there)

One more forward, I really don't know, there isn't really a name that sticks out at the moment, Andy Carroll possibly though, didn't think much of him but started the season in very good form....

Something like...

Given, Guzan.

Coleman Young

Dunne Collins Cuellar Clark Baker

Warnock Traore

Donovan, Albrighton

Young, (Albrighton, Traore)

Delph, Petrov

Muntari, Reo-Coker

Ireland (Young, Donovan, Delph, Muntari for me can all play this role)

Agbonlahor, Carroll, Delfouneso....(let Weimann go out on loan)

Given, Coleman, Traore, Donovan, Muntari, Carroll to be fair, wouldn't cost a huge deal in my opinion....£35 million ish....

Money from Milner.....

Davies, Sidwell, Beye, Heskey, Carew, Osbourne, Downing, Bannan.....that'd bring in around £18 million ish. Well all that, as you said, at worst....wouldn't be spending anything over £10 million net if you count this years money made....

As it sad we are thinking about next year 3 games into this season :lol:

I have a bad feeling Ireland will be out for quite a while and the club have held back announcing it prior to the end of the transfer window to avoid more calls to strengthen the squad!!!

(this is only a feeling, not ITK or anything soft!)

I have a bad feeling Ireland will be out for quite a while and the club have held back announcing it prior to the end of the transfer window to avoid more calls to strengthen the squad!!!

i think you might be right though..

A lot of cynicism on these boards nowadays :D

If he's gonna play him against Stoke, it has got to be in the hole with two sitting midfielders. Please, please, please! Rest DJ.

Fixed*

* everyone else seems to do this. :winkold:

Wouldn't disagree after last Sunday. Whoever is rested can get the last 30 minutes anyway. I think Albie's pace may have more of an effect in the last 30 minutes of a game though against a tired Stoke??