Stephen Ireland

Richard

People say SI has a bad attitude, but from what I've seen in games and heard in training for City and now Villa, his work-rate and determination is excellent. Bit of an odd-ball perhaps, but who cares if he delivers the goods?

At Man City, that accusation usually originates from the coaching staff as a reason why they wont pick a homegrown player over one of their mercenaries :winkold:

Eric Cantona was strange and did some pretty daft stuff, but he never had the bad attitude label.

Roy Keane could of been labelled a loose cannon, but his attitude was apparently spot on.

God use to have three pints before a game, and his attitude is never questioned, cos......well, hes god.

Basicly, its usually just an excuse. snce ALL good players have a bad attitude 8)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, the new Villa boss is likely to have Stephen Ireland available for his first match at Stoke a week on Monday after a positive progress report on the midfielder’s fitness.

Ireland was left out of last Sunday’s win over Everton as a precautionary measure after tweaking his hamstring during the pre-match warm-up.

But, as expected, the injury is not serious and Ireland is expected to join his Villa team-mates when they return to training after a few days off next week.

Gabby Agbonlahor is tipping Ireland to become a claret and blue star despite damaging defeats to Newcastle and Rapid Vienna in his first two appearances.

“Stephen Ireland is getting a good relationship with some of the players,” said Agbonlahor.

“Obviously Newcastle was a hard game to come into. He’s not really played much football, so we’re still yet to see the best of him.

“But what I’ve seen in training is that he’s been one of the top trainers. He can add a lot to the squad.

“If you look at him he can score goals and he’s one of the fittest players you’ll see, getting up and down the field, so it’s looking good for Villa with him playing.”

Hull are believed to be considering a temporary move for Habib Beye when the Football League loan window opens on Wednesday.

http://tinyurl.com/38pfktz

Great news. Will be glad to see him back, hopefully whoever is in charge for next Monday can get him into a more advanced position where he can do some real damage.

Play him behind a striker Kev!

He's not a bloody holding midfielder.

Totally and utterley agreed!

He's given him the No 9 shirt to wear afterall, so I was rather hoping to see him make more in roads towards the opposition penalty box than being stuck on the half way line!

^^^^^^^^^

Can't understand why 90% of us can see this but Kev can't?? I am sure he has a touch of the MON's in him.

It's because he's persevered with Mon's idea of trying out ASH in the second striker role. You can't knock him for that because it takes a few matches to see if it's going to work. SI was played deeper rather than the alternative which was to leave him out.

^^^^^^^^^

Can't understand why 90% of us can see this but Kev can't?? I am sure he has a touch of the MON's in him.

It's because he's persevered with Mon's idea of trying out ASH in the second striker role. You can't knock him for that because it takes a few matches to see if it's going to work. SI was played deeper rather than the alternative which was to leave him out.

But MON hardly ever played Ash in this role??

This boy will shine for us this seaoson. I think Houllier and Thommo will see the potential of Young, Ireland and Gabby combining and their mouth's will be watering at the prospect. I think Stoke better beware as the boys will have something to prove to the new management team, and I think we will play them off the park.

This boy will shine for us this seaoson. I think Houllier and Thommo will see the potential of Young, Ireland and Gabby combining and their mouth's will be watering at the prospect. I think Stoke better beware as the boys will have something to prove to the new management team, and I think we will play them off the park.

Me too, I think we'll smaasshhhh them 1-0 :D

Stevie Ireland to get his first goal! A diving header from the halfway line!

Me too, I think we'll smaasshhhh them 1-0 :D

Stevie Ireland to get his first goal! A diving header from the halfway line!

Something tells me you're taking the piss?? :lol::D

In all honesty if we get it on the deck and utilise those 3 and have Collins and Dunne monumental at the back we can't go wrong, however, I do realise this is easier said tha done!!

:lol: Only partially..

I'm half preparing myself for Houllier's reign when hopefully we'll win a lot of games, but possibly by small goal margins.. but the other half of me thinks Ireland is a footballing genius and I want him to get his Villa tally started!

The massive plus side of Thommo is that he will have seen a lot of the teams play this season as part of his punditry and will have already built up an understadning of some of their strengths and weaknesses, as well as ours. He will know Stoke will be going direct and playing the power game. the question is how to do we perpare to counter it and win.

The massive plus side of Thommo is that he will have seen a lot of the teams play this season as part of his punditry and will have already built up an understadning of some of their strengths and weaknesses, as well as ours. He will know Stoke will be going direct and playing the power game. the question is how to do we perpare to counter it and win.

Why stop there - let's get in Jamie Redknapp!

The massive plus side of THOMMO is that he will have seen a lot of the teams play this season as part of his punditry and will have already built up an understadning of some of their strengths and weaknesses, as well as ours. He will know Stoke will be going direct and playing the power game. the question is how to do we perpare to counter it and win.

It's started Oh dear

Why stop there - let's get in Jamie Redknapp!

...... and Lawro & Hansen. The Plop tradition continues!