Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland will be 1 of our top 3 players come the end of the season I think he has already shown his awareness of the game is better than anyone else in the squad and all this having not played in ages and now been played in a far deeper role. He has already settled in better than DJ and for 2/3 the price.

Oh, the Newcastle game. Yeah, I agree. Ireland was the only player who played poorly in that one.

Surprising really that he played so poorly in that one, considering he hasn't played a full 90 minutes in the PL for well over a year. And Ireland played very well in the first half against Vienna. Some lovely balls and there are definite glimpses of quality. There is a real crispness to his passing that has been long missing from our team.

Granted he was lost in the second half.

Whereas most of the other 21 players on show had only played one game in 4 months?

What's the difference?

Sorry ... hang on... are.? No, wait, seriously, are people actually negatively judging Ireland's value to us already? :crylaugh:

BOF, he's played two games now, I'm aware it is two games and my posts have quite clearly stated that my opinion has been on those two appearances.

I'm entitled to my opinion in that I think he's looked shit.

Certainly nothing like the replacement for Milner that so many thought he would be.

I'll be as happy as the next man if he goes on to have a great season but I wasn't happy about us signing him in the first place, I don't believe his head is at Villa let alone his heart and I think, honestly (and this could be one for the other thread about being wrong) that he will not be at VP come the start of the 2012/2013 season.

Oh, the Newcastle game. Yeah, I agree. Ireland was the only player who played poorly in that one.

Surprising really that he played so poorly in that one, considering he hasn't played a full 90 minutes in the PL for well over a year. And Ireland played very well in the first half against Vienna. Some lovely balls and there are definite glimpses of quality. There is a real crispness to his passing that has been long missing from our team.

Whereas most of the other 21 players on show had only played one game in 4 months?

What's the difference?

Why the **** are you slating Ireland??

Can you not grasp the fact that he is not 100% match fit and still bedding into the team???

Why is that so hard for you? Or were you just against the swap deal from the off and Milners biggest fan?

What were you expecting?

What's the difference?

Why the **** are you slating Ireland??

Can you not grasp the fact that he is not 100% match fit and still bedding into the team???

Why is that so hard for you? Or were you just against the swap deal from the off and Milners biggest fan?

What were you expecting?

Yes, now having an opinion on VT must mean that I'm secretly in love with Milner and will stop at nothing until AVFC no longer exist.

Grow up mate, he's been sub-standard in his two appearances for the club looks nothing like the player(s) we need to move forward.

If he isn't 100% match fit then he shouldn't be in the team, I am aware he will take some bedding in but I have seen little that has impressed me.

SO so sorry to have offended you, I didn't realise you were so delicate when it comes to Steve Ireland.

What's the difference?

Most? Where are you getting that from? Apart from 4 players - Guzan, Beye, Davies, and Reo-Coker the rest of the squad played in the Premier League last year and mostly on a week to week basis at some stage.

Ireland did not have that luxury, or anything like it.

Sorry ... hang on... are.? No, wait, seriously, are people actually negatively judging Ireland's value to us already? :crylaugh:

BOF, he's played two games now, I'm aware it is two games and my posts have quite clearly stated that my opinion has been on those two appearances.

Certainly nothing like the replacement for Milner that so many thought he would be.

I'll be as happy as the next man if he goes on to have a great season but I wasn't happy about us signing him in the first place, I don't believe his head is at Villa let alone his heart and I think, honestly (and this could be one for the other thread about being wrong) that he will not be at VP come the start of the 2012/2013 season.

Probably the most OTT reaction to a player I've ever seen.

I wasn't picking you out tbh. I think the only relevant retort to any criticism at this point is that he basically has not played football for a year. No-one is going to walk into a Premier League side and a) be up to the level of his team-mates B) be match sharp or c) last beyond an hour in terms of fitness. So I think even by VT standards, the conclusions being jumped to here are unfortunate, unhelpful, unnecessary and wide of the mark. IMHO.

Yes, now having an opinion on VT must mean that I'm secretly in love with Milner and will stop at nothing until AVFC no longer exist.

Grow up mate, he's been sub-standard in his two appearances for the club looks nothing like the player(s) we need to move forward.

If he isn't 100% match fit then he shouldn't be in the team, I am aware he will take some bedding in but I have seen little that has impressed me.

SO so sorry to have offended you, I didn't realise you were so delicate when it comes to Steve Ireland.

Im not going to fall out over it pal!

And as you say you are intitled to your opinion even tho it is wrong. :thumb:

All im saying is that it is a little narrow minded and well...silly, to judge a player on his 1st 2 performances given the situation of not playing for the last 12 months etc.

Can i just ask what you were expecting with the arrival of Ireland?

What's the difference?

Most? Where are you getting that from? Apart from 4 players - Guzan, Beye, Davies, and Reo-Coker the rest of the squad played in the Premier League last year and mostly on a week to week basis at some stage.

Read the post again mate eh.

What's the difference?

Read the post again mate eh.

Wasn't exactly clear "mate", considering we were talking about two different matches.

And still, your point is shite. The rest of the squad had played consistent PL football apart from two. The Newcastle side played in the Championship, were at home and wanted revenge for us relegating them.

The majority of the other players also had a pre-season with the same squad. They weren't playing with unfamiliar players. Were they "mate"?

I've always said it. He's not a central midfielder, he's not even a midfielder per se, more like a creative striker. The reason IMO why Ireland hasn't really shone is that he's being played in the wrong **** position.

Can i just ask what you were expecting with the arrival of Ireland?

To not lose 6-0 to Newcastle in a match in which, by all accounts, we were over ran in midfield.

I also did not expect to crumble at home to RV and to concede two goals in two minutes, one of which had nothing to do with SI I am happy to concede.