Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just drop Albrighton, cos he isn't good enough, play young on the wing and have NRC and Petrov as defencive midfielders. Simple.

Gabby or Carew

Ireland

Downing/ NRC/ Petrov/ Young

You've got to be shitting me, Albrightons not good enough. He's been one of the best 2 players in 3 of the 4 games hes started this season.

Just drop Downing, cos he isn't good enough

Fixed.

good call,Downing needs to grow a pair of bollox before he should be let back in the side.i had high hope's for Downing when we signed him.its a pitty he's turned out to be shite..

don't you think him playing deeper will stop the hoof balls? when an attack breaks down he would be a great option , spraying the ball all over the field. We have a great attack, but we are limited in how they themselves are supplied. we proved yesterday the defence knows what to do, reverse the roles and put NRC up to break down play early.

Man City can buy him back from u then! Hope he's not out for long although his removal from the team today gave us the balance we were lacking. I think we would have lost today if he'd have played in the centre with Petrov.

He should be playing in the hole, with Young on the wing. Don't see any sense in doing what we did at Newcastle.

Replace Drowning with Young and put Ireland in Youngs place, at least we would have 11 players fighting for us.

I'm probably one of the few that would rather see Downing than Albrighton start, at least for a few matches, give Downing a run and see if he improves. If he doesn't, go with Albrighton. Or I'd play Downing most games and bring Albrighton in now and again.