Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Reo-Coker.

:crylaugh:

what so when he's clean through on goal again we canwatch how he waits for the defender to get back to his feet before passing to him.

If Ireland was playing instead of NRC we'd have won by 2 or 3.

If Ireland was playing we could have lost by 2-3......We do need that defensive midfielder playing, Ashley needs to go back to being out wide and Ireland should be playing where Ashley was yesterday......Albrighton and Downing can't be on the pitch at the same time if Ireland is playing.

We have yet to try that and I don't know why we haven't

I prefer Reo-Coker.

what so when he's clean through on goal again we canwatch how he waits for the defender to get back to his feet before passing to him.

If Ireland was playing we could have lost by 2-3......We do need that defensive midfielder playing, Ashley needs to go back to being out wide and Ireland should be playing where Ashley was yesterday......Albrighton and Downing can't be on the pitch at the same time if Ireland is playing.

We have yet to try that and I don't know why we haven't

I agree we need another defensive midfielder but NRC isn't it. He made probably 3 or 4 tackles all game and gave the ball away or wasted good positions on countless occasions. Ireland would have made as many tackles but would have used the ball better. We can asasert what we like as neither of us can prove it. We were lucky to win that game and it was mostly owed to the defense, keeper and tireless running of Petrov and albrighton. NRC was totallty ineffectual imho so I still maintain Ireland would have given us more possession and quality going forward and hence wouldn't have been under pressure for 70 of the 90 minutes. We were supposed to be the fecking home to for goodness sake.

I prefer Reo-Coker.

Reo-Coker is more creative than the duo Sidwell-Ireland. And more fun.

I've said it before to get the best out of Ireland he has to play behind Gabby for me, with Young and Albrighton on the flanks, Petrov and NRC holding!

This. So simple. But thus far Mac has refused to play it. Hopefully we can get a manager in that is capable of playing players to their strengths in their strongest positions, and can spot this glaringly obvious fact!!

I've said it before to get the best out of Ireland he has to play behind Gabby for me, with Young and Albrighton on the flanks, Petrov and NRC holding!

This. So simple. But thus far Mac has refused to play it. Hopefully we can get a manager in that is capable of playing players to their strengths in their strongest positions, and can spot this glaringly obvious fact!!

To be fair he's only had the one chance to play this. This might be our best combination for now, but we can't just be relying on the same 5 players being available every week.

He needs to get himslef sharp

he needs to get in to his new surroundings

he needs to have NRC & Petrov behind him so he can relax from any holding duties and link with the wingers and strikers.

.....and he will be fine

he could be the next david platt for us.

This.

Though we have to remember that neither Petrov or NRC are proper sitting midfielders. They were attacking midfielders when bought, and converted to the role they now play.

Forget strikers, this is the most urgent position that needs strengthening. Whatever striker you have, if you do not control the middle of the park, then he wont get a supply.

We are in desperate need of a Essian style player.

-----------------------NRC/Delph-------------------------------------------

--------------------------Petrov/Delph--------------------------------------

Albrighton/Downing/Young-----------------Young/Abrighton/Downing---

--------------------Ireland/Young-------------------------------------------

-------------------------Gabby/Delf/Carew/Bannan/Weimann------------

that is how I think the squad needs to rotate that midfield and strike force.

Ireland is obviously better thatn NRC. But we need to use him with some defensive backup. With Ireland yesterday instead of NRC we may well have lost with the amount of defending we have to do. If there's on thing NRC does well it's break up play well and defend in midfield.

However, having NRC in we obviously lose something going forward. That moment where he passed to Jagielka whilst he was on the ground is a prime example.