Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he's not out for too long because on Thursday night he was technically our best player by far. Really enjoyed watching him, we haven't had a player as technically gifted for a while IMO. His passing was very good and showed great touch and vision. His understanding of where players were and what was going on around him was good to see, we missed someone with that sort of quality IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year he'll be worth double what we payed for him.

Man City can buy him back from u then! Hope he's not out for long although his removal from the team today gave us the balance we were lacking. I think we would have lost today if he'd have played in the centre with Petrov.

Man City can buy him back from u then! Hope he's not out for long although his removal from the team today gave us the balance we were lacking. I think we would have lost today if he'd have played in the centre with Petrov.

He should be playing in the hole, with Young on the wing. Don't see any sense in doing what we did at Newcastle.

He should be playing in the hole, with Young on the wing. Don't see any sense in doing what we did at Newcastle.

Spot on. Think he has looked useful. Unusually for a Villa midfielder he passes and moves and looks for the ball again!! He will be top class in the "hole"! but we will need to be very solid in behind.

Replace Drowning with Young and put Ireland in Youngs place, at least we would have 11 players fighting for us.

If Ireland had played we wouldn't have beat everton

That's a hell of a leap.. I can guarantee Everton wouldn't have had such a huge amount of posession if Ireland had played.

This. We might have actually been able to keep the ball if Ireland was playing.

If Ireland had played we wouldn't have beat everton

Only because of the way Mac would have set the team up, if Ireland had played more advanced where Young was playing and pushed Young out wide to where Downing was then we would have still won imo. Mac is too blind to see that Ireland and Petrov get overran, and without NRC in there yesterday Evertons midfield would have had more of a field day than they already did.

Ireland is the most gifted player we have along with Young, so we need to accomodate him further up the pitch, and let him combine with Young and Gabby in more dangerous areas to really damage opponents.