Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us would rather see Bannan and Gardner succeed at Villa than Ireland.

That's not to say they can't all be a success (though Ireland hasn't exactly done much in his Villa career).

One of the worst deals we've ever made.

He's draining the Milner value.

I hope this is an important lesson to always take the full money. Or if not that, at least wait until we have a **** manager. Yes, I'm looking at you Randy and your clueless henchmen.

The emergence of Barry Bannan will end Irelands career at Villa IMO.

Alternatively Ireland's presence in training along with Gary Gardner may improve all three. There is no doubt that there is a player of some great technical ability in SI, if this gets downloaded to Bannan and Gardner that in itself might be the value from Ireland.

If Ireland finds a fitness level and heals from any lingering mind or body injuries we will have something of value or we will just have to get used to the idea that we really only sold Milner for 18M and write off the other delusions we have about Ireland.

Personally, I hope that Ireland puts it all in the past and returns to the player we know he could be,,,, if only IF....

If Ireland finds a fitness level and heals from any lingering mind or body injuries we will have something of value or we will just have to get used to the idea that we really only sold Milner for 18M and write off the other delusions we have about Ireland.

Less than that as we have to pay his wages for 4 years (another £15m or so), so means that we would have got circa £3m for Milner?

Less than that as we have to pay his wages for 4 years (another £15m or so), so means that we would have got circa £3m for Milner?

I think you'll find that if Milner had stayed, we'd have been playing him wages too...

I think you'll find that if Milner had stayed, we'd have been playing him wages too...

He was making a comparison between selling him for cash plus Ireland vs straight cash.

Did Ireland play on left wing for City or down the middle?

He had a go on the left wing but was poor.

He had a very effective 6 month period playing off the striker with Elano one side and Robinho the other. It may well have been more down to those two than him though.

Ireland is a class act bags of ability but low on confidence, admitibly he is a very attacking Midfielder that dosnt defend well. Lets just give the lad a regular chance I think he would reward us all. Think irland should play

young dunne collins warnock

makoun delph

albrighton IRELAND Nzogbia

benty

that is our best team as it stands taking its has great potential going forward.

Yes, but we would have had a player for that money. What I am saying is that if we can't get Ireland firing not only will his transfer fee have been a waste of money but also his wages.

Ireland is a class act bags of ability but low on confidence, admitibly he is a very attacking Midfielder that dosnt defend well. Lets just give the lad a regular chance I think he would reward us all. Think irland should play

young dunne collins warnock

makoun delph

albrighton IRELAND Nzogbia

benty

that is our best team as it stands taking its has great potential going forward.

Just out of interest, going on recent performances, what makes you say Ireland is a better option than Heskey or Bannan?

Or that Albrighton is a better option than Gabby?

Or even that Makoun is a better option than Petrov?

The team you detail is nowhere near to being our 'best team' on current form (IMHO).