Stephen Ireland

Richard

Seems it's the houllier fans having a pop at Ireland. Interesting that Ireland is written off after 6 starts yet makoun after 7 starts is loved and guaranteed to be brilliant. I don't blame any player for under performing for a word removed like houllier.

Ireland have proved at city he can perform in the premiership, I hope Mcleish has more interest than houllier in getting the best out of his squad.

I'm a fan of Ireland and I hope he comes good this season. I was also a fan of Houllier.... and I am also a fan of Makoun.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems it's the houllier fans having a pop at Ireland. Interesting that Ireland is written off after 6 starts yet makoun after 7 starts is loved and guaranteed to be brilliant. I don't blame any player for under performing for a word removed like houllier.

Ireland have proved at city he can perform in the premiership, I hope Mcleish has more interest than houllier in getting the best out of his squad.

I'm a fan of Ireland and I hope he comes good this season. I was also a fan of Houllier.... and I am also a fan of Makoun.

Same here. But most of all I'm a fan of Aston Villa and hope for everyone involved in the club to do well. And Ireland is talented and I hope he can get his career back on track here with us. And I'm quite sure I've read somewhere that Ireland didn't have any problems with Houllier.

I'm really happy that Ireland got to training first, well one of the first. I know last week it was reported that he was willing to give 100% and was moving into a flat in Birmingham (when they say flat I assume £600,000 apartment). It seems that those reports were true as to get in first when living in Manchester would almost require waking up at 5am getting ready and leaving at close to 7am to miss the rush hour traffic. I know he's committed but that's just a whole other level.

Come Stevie! I really hope you knuckle down and find your form.

Nay, isnt Ireland the one far left...leading the group? :D

Yeah.

Looks like he's wearing 1 red boot and 1 blue boot :)

JCQzX.jpg

Pre season training photo on Facebook. Ireland is near the camera. Dunno where the goalkeeper is though!

Ireland, Heskey, Bannan, ?, Petrov, Clark, ?, ?, ?,Collins, Makoun

Come Stevie! I really hope you knuckle down and find your form.

Nay, isnt Ireland the one far left...leading the group? :D

Yeah.

Looks like he's wearing 1 red boot and 1 blue boot :)

He sure is 1 crazy mofo! :)

ennit Ireland looks like he's about to burst into tears in that photo

Tears of joy.. I suppose I will take delight in him actually being there and being willing to do an interview. I think he'll be more excited when and if he gets picked in a starting eleven.

ss9ae.jpg

Stephen Ireland reveals he's looking forward to his first pre-season at Villa in an interview with #avtv #avfc http://t.co/wtNPWGm

Can someone who has AVTV please watch the interview and tell us what he has to say?

He looks ecstatic!

More importantly... That man has a camera for a head!