Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good sound bites in the article on SSN. Just hope he matches what he's saying with performances on the pitch.

Giving him the number 7 shirt is a big vote of confidence from AMC and shows ireland is a big part of this plans, time to repay the gaffer's faith Mr ireland.

Get over it man, your like a stuck record

Sorry Mike, can you please direct me to some posts where you do anything except post about other posters??

Do you have anything to contribute at all or are you just an antagonist??

FWIW, if you look at the quality goals he scored, they came whilst he was managed by Hughes who obviously managed to get the best out of a volatile personality.

Sorry to let reasoning get in the way of a good dust up!

Some good sound bites in the article on SSN. Just hope he matches what he's saying with performances on the pitch.

Giving him the number 7 shirt is a big vote of confidence from AMC and shows ireland is a big part of this plans, time to repay the gaffer's faith Mr ireland.

I think he only got the number 7 because Ireland was by far the best player in training on Friday. Ireland even said it himself at one point that he was always the best player in training, always put 100% in and Houllier kept telling him on Friday before the game to stay at home. I think now with McLeish his effort and hard work in training may very well be rewarded.. He plays on confidence and if the manager believes in him he starts to believe in himself.

If there is one good reason why Mark Hughes should have been Aston Villa manager, this guy is it.

You could be right, but the way I see it is McLeish is very well capable of bringing it out. First off, alot of managers would have come in straight away and shipped him out for nothing at all, just to at least get his wages and questionable attitude away from the squad. But Alex is being reasonable and giving him that second chance to prove his worth, hopefully adjust his ego/attitude, and to get back to playing his best football, and that should be enough to motivate Ireland if he wants to call himself a footballer. I don't necessarily think Hughes is the only man that could do this. McLeish is a decent man manager and hopefuilly he shows it here with players such as Mr. Ireland.

two sides to it for me.

1. How dare he , mistreated, never been given a chance - you earn the chance you prize prick !. Bit of a co-incidence isn;t it, since your beloved Mark Hughes (and who is to say he wouldn't have dropped you the next year) , you have been managed by Mancini, Houllier, Parder and Trapatonni - well, I say managed, thats a bit of a lie, because NONE OF THEM have played you - bit of a co-incidence isn't it ?.

Start behaving like an adult not a 2 yr old with ADHD and you may just get your chance.

2. However, there is no disputing if he does get it together, he is arguably better than Barry, Milner and Downing - so if McLeish can get him playing, all well and good. we've give players second chances in the past, some took it - McGrath comes to mind, some didn't - Collymore comes to mind.

I reslly hope ireland takes it - but somehow I think he will always be damaged goods and will go on a free next summer.

Get over it man, your like a stuck record

Sorry Mike, can you please direct me to some posts where you do anything except post about other posters??

Do you have anything to contribute at all or are you just an antagonist??

FWIW, if you look at the quality goals he scored, they came whilst he was managed by Hughes who obviously managed to get the best out of a volatile personality.

Sorry to let reasoning get in the way of a good dust up!

Sorry pal, can you please direct me to some posts where you anything expect have negative things to say about Villa?

Do you have anything to contribue at all or are you just a negative person?

Are you related to steakandchips?

Oh my god what a talented footballer in our ranks. he seems well up for it. lets embrace it and let him do his stuff because we aint seen a talented playmaker like him since merse so give the lad the chance that Gerard simply didnt.

Nobody can tell me Petrov/Bradley/clark(at times) are better in the heart of midfield than Stephen Ireland. Massive Talent

Disagree with that ^^^ Ciaran Clark is class both in the midfield and in defence and will become a brighter prospect than Gary Cahill i honestly reckon. Bradleys not our player and he looked awful when i played last season. And i agree that Petrov is now becoming deadwood and is not even worth playing as a defensive playmaker, hes did well to fill the gap of gareth barry for the last couple of years but now we need sometihng different. And im surprised theres quite a lot of people supporting ireland on this. I put up a post on 606 BBC forum and got slated by fans because of him in january! but as i said the pretty boy needs another chance and if we can get him like he did down eastlands were in for a treat!

Bent

N'Zogbia Ireland Albrighton

Parker

^^^^And thats just what the top part of the team could look like ;)

:)

pretty boy? looks a bit like an orc to me but hey!

Hey I reckon/hope Clark is gna be a villa legend( alot more talented than GC ever was) but hes not a CM and Irleand offers so much more creatively than anyone in our team IMO.

plus your team looks good and we can but keep our fingers crossed for parker and nzog

I personally think Ireland will play the AMC role much better then Ashley did last season. I like to see him given a run of games as well, but if Villa do play the 442, it be hard to see that happening.

i know what u mean. Ash got excited being in that role but it just wwasnt natural for him and u can bet your life he will play out wide for sir alex.

Ireland walks on water in that position and with this new drive he seems to have i can't wait!

:)

pretty boy? looks a bit like an orc to me but hey!

Hey I reckon/hope Clark is gna be a villa legend( alot more talented than GC ever was) but hes not a CM and Irleand offers so much more creatively than anyone in our team IMO.

plus your team looks good and we can but keep our fingers crossed for parker and nzog

Hmmm my bad and haha yeahh he likes to think hes a pretty boy with his flashy coats and cars etc. and lets hope clarkey boy does us proud and becomes worth more than 15m (if GC's worth that much of course) but players can adapt and if he could play in DM aswell as CB that would also be a plus. Weve missed out on Charlie Adam and we will have to settle for second best and i agree by saying Stephen Ireland will have to be that man.

Ireland is the kind of player at the club that will define McLeish's tenure. Forget the new signings, it's what he can get out of the players that let themselves down under Houllier that is most important imo. It's up to Ireland to work harder than he ever has done this summer to get himself fit.