Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is good enough because if we keep playing James hoof Collins were gona just keep conceding possession and putting pressure on the midfield

Have you ever seen him play, not just on the TV?

I thought Ireland looked better today. He played an average game, which is normal for most players...

It's a huge improvement. I think we should persevere with him.

No doubt people will disagree, call me a knob and say he was shit...but it's just my opinion...

I thought Ireland looked better today. He played an average game, which is normal for most players...

It's a huge improvement. I think we should persevere with him.

No doubt people will disagree, call me a knob and say he was shit...but it's just my opinion...

I thought he played just as well as he did second half against QPR. pinged a few decent balls around, got involved, solid work rate, made some timely runs, got a couple of decent efforts off and generally looked like a premier league footballer at last. He looks like a player easing himself back in to form.

Pleased we have another useful player on the books.

when he spooned that shot, his head dropped straight away. complete confidence player who is lacking confidence at the mo. one goal and we will see his best and end up being one of the first names on the teamsheet. he is improving and hopefully the warm reception he received today will help. man city is a massive game for him...chance to show what a mistake they made shipping him out

If you thought he was shite today you're just blinkered in your opinions of him. His touch was good, his passing was good and his workrate was good. I don't think we should let prejudices we have with this guy rob us of a potentially good player. Fair enough if he plays shite say he was shite but today he wasn't.

If you thought he was shite today you're just blinkered in your opinions of him. His touch was good, his passing was good and his workrate was good. I don't think we should let prejudices we have with this guy rob us of a potentially good player. Fair enough if he plays shite say he was shite but today he wasn't.

This.

There are too many people at VP who justvhurl abuse at him when he has the ball just because they just don't want him to do well.

This.

There are too many people at VP who justvhurl abuse at him when he has the ball just because they just don't want him to do well.

this again...we always seem to have one player scapegoat every season...petrov, heskey, ireland etc where they can do no right in some people's eyes. people just dont want to say 'i was wrong about him'

People don't want to say 'I was wrong about him' ....is that even possible? He's arguably just put in his best performance from a start in a Villa shirt and at best, it's a 6/10 performance....

Once he starts contributing with goals, key passes, assists, important performances, I imagine people will love him but for the moment, he isn't well liked for a good reason, he hasn't done anything to be liked.

This.

this again...we always seem to have one player scapegoat every season...petrov, heskey, ireland etc where they can do no right in some people's eyes. people just dont want to say 'i was wrong about him'

This for me too.

People don't want to say 'I was wrong about him' ....is that even possible? He's arguably just put in his best performance from a start in a Villa shirt and at best, it's a 6/10 performance....

Once he starts contributing with goals, key passes, assists, important performances, I imagine people will love him but for the moment, he isn't well liked for a good reason, he hasn't done anything to be liked.

He has done better than Albrighton and N'Zogbia this season yet I don't hear the abuse from the stands that Ireland gets almost every time he touches the ball.

He has done better than Albrighton and N'Zogbia this season yet I don't hear the abuse from the stands that Ireland gets almost every time he touches the ball.

It's not everyday I agree wholeheartedly with you stubbo, but now is one. Theres a bloke in R4 who screams abuse at Ireland all game... all game. Unbelievable. He's been given a chance by the manager, and in the last few games he's actually been quite good. N'Zogbia has been poor and Albrighton atrocious this season, yet Ireland is still the scapegoat.

It's because Irelands been shit for 2-3 years now. I thought Ireland was ok, you can see him getting better, but I still don't think it's enough. I don't mind eating humble pie, infact I enjoy it quite a lot when it involves Villa players and would gladly with Ireland, but I think I'm still quite far from having my first mouthful.

It's not everyday I agree wholeheartedly with you stubbo, but now is one. Theres a bloke in R4 who screams abuse at Ireland all game... all game. Unbelievable. He's been given a chance by the manager, and in the last few games he's actually been quite good. N'Zogbia has been poor and Albrighton atrocious this season, yet Ireland is still the scapegoat.

Thank you.

Although I am stunned you don't always agree with me :lol:

I'm not suggesting that Ireland has been our best player this year but I just find it very boring listening to a load of crap at VP about Ireland then hear the same people say Marc and Zog just need time. If they are in the shirt then we should support them,unless it's Heskey :winkold: