Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now Ireland is Milner AND Young's replacement.

Brilliant spending power from Lerner to get two players out for over 30m, get one in and he can split himself into two and play brilliantly (shit)

Yay to the liars on the board :)

If AM can get even the slightest glimmer of commitment or talent out of this player, then Hogwarts will be absolutely buzzin'........he's obviously a goddam magician?

Or not.

brilliant for first 25 minutes tonight - in the heart of every good thing we did - looks really really good.

sadly off injured, was pulling all of the strings.

Sounded promising until you mentioned the injury!

Said many times before, there is that player from 3-4 seasons ago just waiting to get out.

Too many people on here not giving him a fresh chance. Last season GH shot his confidence to pieces by ridiculing him the media. The guy was frozen out and never got a consistent run of games to even prove himself.

You can't expect all players to hit the deck running (as was the case when we signed Milner & when Downing made his debut in the December).

Lets give the guy a chance to prove himself under a manager seemingly willing to give him a chance and fulfil potential he has already shown like when Hughes gave him a chance before for an average Citeh team at the time.

Got back from the game 15 mins ago. Ireland was really good until he went off injured. I'd personally say that Makoun was pulling the strings in central midfield. Every goalkick went to him, Petrov was always looking for Makoun, Makoun was always moving into space and Makoun was playing a lot of clever balls forwards.

Ireland did well at linking together the forward and the wings. He had some decent touches and came close to setting up a few goals. I hope it's not a serious injury. I'd really like McLeish to get the best out of him.

Got back from the game 15 mins ago. Ireland was really good until he went off injured. I'd personally say that Makoun was pulling the strings in central midfield. Every goalkick went to him, Petrov was always looking for Makoun, Makoun was always moving into space and Makoun was playing a lot of clever balls forwards.

Ireland did well at linking together the forward and the wings. He had some decent touches and came close to setting up a few goals. I hope it's not a serious injury. I'd really like McLeish to get the best out of him.

Cheers for the report Rob! Was Ireland playing in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1??

Yeh he was in the middle. He drifted in the wing towards the end of the first half and Marc was in the middle for a ferw minutes for some reason, didn't last long though. Ireland generally playedin front of Makoun and Petrov