Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

If we go down, he could score 20-/25 next season and help us straight back up. His movement, finishing and all-round ability in the Championship will be a nightmare for defences. You can see he gives his everything in ever game.

Its vital that we keep him if we go down as Bent will inevitably leave us to keep his England hopes alive. Benteke + Weimann together could tear up quite a few of the teams in the Championship. The problem is that if we do go down will either of them, if not both of them, want to leave.

Edited by samjp26

What ever happens at the end of the season Benteke will be gone..... he is using us as a showpiece for what he can do. He is on piss poor wages (in comparison I know) and will go to another Prem club or more likely back to Europe. No way on this earth will he play in the Championship with this bunch of no hopers.

Most positive news I've seen involving Villa in quite sometime, is an independent article saying we're opening contract talks with Weimann. We need the lad signed up.

Where'd you see that. I dearly hope this kid will take some pity on us and stay even if we get relegated.

What ever happens at the end of the season Benteke will be gone..... he is using us as a showpiece for what he can do. He is on piss poor wages (in comparison I know) and will go to another Prem club or more likely back to Europe. No way on this earth will he play in the Championship with this bunch of no hopers.

How long is left on his contract? It must have been at least a 3 year deal, if not 4 I guess. That means if we want to hold on to him, we can, and if we don't go straight back up he won't have lost too much of his sell on value.

If we go down, he could score 20-/25 next season and help us straight back up. His movement, finishing and all-round ability in the Championship will be a nightmare for defences. You can see he gives his everything in ever game.

yep agreed. Him and Benteke would be destroyers of that league if we could retain them and add to the midfield supply. I just hope we can retain them

How long is left on his contract? It must have been at least a 3 year deal, if not 4 I guess. That means if we want to hold on to him, we can, and if we don't go straight back up he won't have lost too much of his sell on value.

RL will pocket about £8m profit from selling him - so why would he want t okeep him against his will and risk his value dropping?

RL will pocket about £8m profit from selling him - so why would he want t okeep him against his will and risk his value dropping?

It's true enough that if a big enough offer comes in, he'll be gone. Depends what how big the offers are I suppose. 

yep agreed. Him and Benteke would be destroyers of that league if we could retain them and add to the midfield supply. I just hope we can retain them

I'm just worried if we do go down and get offers of around £7m-£10m for Benteke that we'll panic and sell. Hopefully not because I don't imagine he'll be on wages that'll hurt us in the Championship, same for Weimann. Then when we come back up, he'll stil have 2/3 years left on his deal and we can sell for much more money if we want.

Benteke is a full belgium international.. he will not stay with us in the championship.

Good thing it's not him to him then! Depends if the club has any balls. Newcastle kept their squad mostly in tact I believe, it's not impossible.

Weimann's out of contract end of next season. Apart from Baker, who i think we should keep hold of too the rest of them still have something to prove if they think they're worth a new deal:

Ireland, Albrighton, Herd, Clark, Gardner and Bannan

If we manage to keep hold of him then good coz he's been a bright spark on the pitch most of the time and apart from the fact that he needs to whinge less when things dont go his way we need to keep hold of him. If he is to be sold and you want a 7 or 8 million bid for weimann then you better have him tied down for 4 or 5 years or he'll leave for around 1-2 million this summer if not for free next year. 

Good thing it's not him to him then! Depends if the club has any balls. Newcastle kept their squad mostly in tact I believe, it's not impossible.

The same Newcastle who have strengthened in this window in their attempt to avoid relegation, while we have spent the month fiddling.

It is impossible

The same Newcastle who have strengthened in this window in their attempt to avoid relegation, while we have spent the month fiddling.

It is impossible

Not sure what this window for Newcastle has anything to do with Newcastle keeping players after going down?

Â