Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Actually think we may see rotation between all 4 of our main strikers (not including Bowery in that as think he will mainly be a sub this yr), not even DB9 will be guaranteed his place. Weimann so far has worked extremely hard and been unlucky not to score.

Actually think we may see rotation between all 4 of our main strikers (not including Bowery in that as think he will mainly be a sub this yr), not even DB9 will be guaranteed his place. Weimann so far has worked extremely hard and been unlucky not to score.

Agree with these sentiments, love Andi's work rate.

cant ever see him and Bent forming a good relationship that produces a lot of goals.

Both play quite similarly for me, maybe a bit more effort from Andi but certainly don't think they compliment each other.

We need contrasting style forwards eg Bent/Benteke or Andi/Benteke etc and given our striking options I rarely see him getting in ahead of Bent or Gabby when both fit.

Well be delighted but very shocked if he bags 15 this season.

I think we will find out within the next 3 games who our main strike force will be.

I don't. I believe we have a manager that can pick the best eleven for the match, all things considered.

I believe we will use all four strikers this season in sensible rotation, rather than the MON-esque method of playing the same players until they are burned out, then replacing them with stiffs with no game time.

If he had of scored when it was blocked on the line he would have been starting again this week. I think he did enough to keep his spot though. We need his effort up front for 60+ mins against Soton to keep the team momentum going. I am not sure Bent and Benteke will give us that unless we are playing well and providing them lots of possession. The choice will be very interesting coz Lambert has a reputation for mixing it up. Me I'd be too scared and go with same team again.

I think we will find out within the next 3 games who our main strike force will be.. I think Benteke is going to be paired with all 3 options and whichever works best will stay together I think.

That's a silly thing to say really because it means that Bent could feasibly left out on a regular basis, which he won't and shouldn't. I actually think Bents overall play over the last few games has been much improved. Just needs a goal now.

Andy has done well and I'm sure we'll see a fair bit of him this season but Gabby starts alongside Bent next week for me. Benteke supersub.

I like this lad, has good feet and has that bit of elusive quality....has some good twists and turns, that takes him away from his man.

I have sneaky feeling he could be good.

So do I. He is a bundle of energy and constantly looking for space. If only Gabby could take a leaf of of his book he would be a real threat again.

As I explained in more detail in the match thread, I thought the decision to drop Andy was the single most bizarre decision from yesterday.

Lambert says he picks on merit and I cannot see any reason why his performance from Swansea would merit him being dropped. Yes, Benteke did well when he came on, but what manager changes a winning team?

Very harsh on young Andreas and I hope he's back in the starting line-up for Handsworth FC on Sunday.

Â