Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Like most I've not seen a huge amount of Weimann yet but what I have seen I've very much liked which is in sharp contrast to Delfounesso who has simply never once impressed me.

I think the hunger in Weimann is clear for everyone to see, he is a lad who will seemingly do anything to score goals. I'd always take that over someone blessed with natural talent who hasn't the desire to use it.

His goal yesterday was scrappy, really scrappy but two things about it impressed me. First, his movement as the initial shot comes in, it reminded me of Bent the way he was moving to follow the shot in before it was hit. Some players, Gabby for instance would have stood and watched and reacted to the save but Weimann like Bent was already on the move. That is a trait of a goal scorer, its intelligent, its quick thinking and it shows a desire and hunger.

The second is that after his initial effort was saved and he is scrabbling around on the deck he is quick enough to react again and clear thinking enough to make sure his hands are nowhere near the ball.

Those two things make me think the kid has something that will see him score goals throughout his career, it remains to be seen if that career is at this level but he certainly shows promise.

His movement for the goal was good however I was more impressed with his movement about 10 minutes earlier when the chance fell to Cuellar (who spooned it).

Not sure if anyone saw it but he moved towards the goal well before the ball had even dropped to Cuellar.

Like most I've not seen a huge amount of Weimann yet but what I have seen I've very much liked which is in sharp contrast to Delfounesso who has simply never once impressed me.

I think the hunger in Weimann is clear for everyone to see, he is a lad who will seemingly do anything to score goals. I'd always take that over someone blessed with natural talent who hasn't the desire to use it.

His goal yesterday was scrappy, really scrappy but two things about it impressed me. First, his movement as the initial shot comes in, it reminded me of Bent the way he was moving to follow the shot in before it was hit. Some players, Gabby for instance would have stood and watched and reacted to the save but Weimann like Bent was already on the move. That is a trait of a goal scorer, its intelligent, its quick thinking and it shows a desire and hunger.

The second is that after his initial effort was saved and he is scrabbling around on the deck he is quick enough to react again and clear thinking enough to make sure his hands are nowhere near the ball.

Those two things make me think the kid has something that will see him score goals throughout his career, it remains to be seen if that career is at this level but he certainly shows promise.

His movement for the goal was good however I was more impressed with his movement about 10 minutes earlier when the chance fell to Cuellar (who spooned it).

Not sure if anyone saw it but he moved towards the goal well before the ball had even dropped to Cuellar.

I did but thought it a little obscure to mention, totally agree with you.

He is very very sharp in terms of his reading of the game and his movement, you can see why Bent rates him because I think they have a similar style of game.

(I'm not saying Weimann and Bent are the same or of the same ability)

Throw him in against Bolton. Stick Gabby on the left (because he plays out there anyway) and Zog on the right, with Ireland just in behind.

Give the lad a chance.

Or maybe the bizarre concept of playing two up front at home against one of the poorest sides in the league!

It was great to see him score a goal, I think we were all really rooting for him and I for one went crazy when that went in, it felt a lot more than a 1-0 home win at Fulham after the disastrous 4 months of winning no home games.

I like the academy group we have playing, I have a lot of time for Bannan, Herd, Gardner, Clark, Weimann. If anyone follows them on twitter they are a very close group of friends and I think this can help on the pitch.

It was great to see him score a goal, I think we were all really rooting for him and I for one went crazy when that went in, it felt a lot more than a 1-0 home win at Fulham after the disastrous 4 months of winning no home games.

I like the academy group we have playing, I have a lot of time for Bannan, Herd, Gardner, Clark, Weimann. If anyone follows them on twitter they are a very close group of friends and I think this can help on the pitch.

I agree with all of this.

great moment for the goal, think fans love more when youth player scores for club.

though was goal maybe should be disallowed as im sure heading ball on ground dangerous play?

Not if you're the first in to the situation. 'the same goes for fett high up in the air. If you're the first on the ball and have your foot high in the air to control it and someone throw himself in with his head then he's the offender. All this according to a referee I once spoke to. But I expected a call for offside or hand ball as I couldn't believe we'd really scored a late winner.

Weimann: My first goal for the first team and to get it in the last minute in front of the Holte End is unbelievable.

And what a beaming smile too,--felt really pleased for the lad,have been saying he deserves a chance for a while now,

easy to see from his reaction -and from the players pile up of a reaction,(especially academy lads)--just how much that goal meant not only to us fans --but to the lad and them also!! There,s still magic in the famous name --Aston Villa.

38 pages and no photoshops of Weimann as the Terminator? Gareth I am disappoint.

And I think we've found a new smiling assassin,

Â