Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Should be getting 10 league goals this season ,that would be my target for him.

Could've got that last year but think not scoring until the middle of November scuppered him, he'll score in the next couple of league games as he won't be facing keepers of the quality of Cech all the time.

Just watching the highlights so I'm sure it doesn't do his performance justice, but he really needs to be finishing some of these chances. He's hit two straight at the keeper, could have scored both. Disappointing.

Young players will have these dips in form, Agbonlahor did in his first few seasons. He will find his form again but I think it's imperative he starts against Liverpool as too not damage his confidence too much.

Still a Dirk Kuyt MKII

Not complaining though, every team needs one.

Think that's a bit harsh, think he has a lot more finesse to be honest, his goals against United last year show this & QPR. The one that Cech saved he connected with brilliantly just happened to hit the goal keeper either side of him and we'd all be here raving about him!

• Like 1

The only 2 things he has in common with Dirk Kuyt are his work rate and the fact he's a striker being ostensibly employed on the right wing. He's far superior to Kuyt as a footballer. Not that I dislike Kuyt. He just wasn't as good.

The only 2 things he has in common with Dirk Kuyt are his work rate and the fact he's a striker being ostensibly employed on the right wing. He's far superior to Kuyt as a footballer. Not that I dislike Kuyt. He just wasn't as good.

I disagree, Kuyt was a very good footballer and scored loads of goals in Holland but when moved up a level he stopped scoring as many.

When he moved to liverpool he was employed in the right wing as you mentioned and worked hard - same as Weinman.  I  see similarities in their striking and im not taking into consideration just 1 match, I’m thinking of last season.  I just don’t think he will be a prolific goal scorer, seems to snatch/rush at chances same as Kuyt did when he was in premership.  And Hence why he is out in the right wing for Villa.

It's interesting reading some of the comments made about him by Liverpool fans. Some seem to consider him to be the brains of our attack. Funny because I've never seen anything from Weimann to consider him an intelligent player.

It's interesting reading some of the comments made about him by Liverpool fans. Some seem to consider him to be the brains of our attack. Funny because I've never seen anything from Weimann to consider him an intelligent player.

I'd actually agree with scousers, Andi makes very intelligent runs off the ball which stretch the defence. I also wouldn't say Benteke and Gabby are that intelligent players. (Look at how often Cb strays offside)

Â