Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

To be fair to him for a pretty poor game by his account he still put Benteke through on goal which Bentekkers could of done better with and provided the assist for Luna. Worked hard and got stuck in as well as usual.

I'm concerned that he seems to have lost his composure in front of goal which was probably his greatest attribute. I trace it back to the Everton game when he skied a great chance to make it 3-1. Which was then followed up by perhaps the miss of the season against West Ham. Having said that I was impressed with his assist and the ball played into Benteke. Both delightful.

Even if he isn't making direct assists his work rate and movement still make him a really important player.

If he is having a crappy game his pace and direct running still makes defences worry. Wiemann and gabby both pose this threat which is why they are always dangerous.

Even if he isn't making direct assists his work rate and movement still make him a really important player.

That's a very important point. He worked tirelessly and maybe he didn't get anywhere in terms of attacking he supported the midfield well. Lets not forget a great assist, he broke he played the perfect ball to Luna, and he also got Kachelney (spelling like I give a f..) to walk. Not his best day, but he was still influential.

I thought he got worn out last year and it affected his play; hoping the depth and another year experience will favor him.

I hope his stamina has improved now. He used to tire quite badly at times last season.

Kepping the front 3 fit is key this year I feel especially Gabby and I think it was no coincedence that when he came back from injury at the end of last season we started scoring goals again. Both him and Weimenn make so much room for Benteke when they burst forward at pace. Hopefully the signings of Tonev and Bacuna take some of the pressure of them both though and allow more rotation keeping them fresher.

Still slightly concerned however about the CM position and when we come up against a physically stronger midfield

Â