Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Delighted to see Weimann 'upgraded' to our number 10. I appreciate he quite liked 26, indeed tweeting his boots a few weeks ago with AW26 printed on them. 10 just seems right though now after how impressive he was last season, I hope he goes on the establish his name in the 10 Villa shirt.

My only issue now is that the long sleeved 13/14 home kit I want with Weimann 10 + prem badges looks like it'll set me back 70 quid if I want it this side of Christmas :mellow:

85quid with delivery to Australia :(  Think I'll wait till i'm home in late August!

Edited by dnmacf

Weimann 10 shirts responsible for 95% of sales for the new 13/14 kit since the numbers were announced yesterday! Staggering figures! Fits though, young, academy graduate, hungry, loyal, goal scoring, personable and family orientated - what more could you want from a Villa role model!

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3327560,00.html

Also the mention of a Weimann 10 on the way to Australia in the article was me in the end  :D

Think Weimann's thread deserves a bump for his early efforts against Crewe! He looked a threat tonight, especially picking the ball up deep. Almost think he fills the slight gap for a goalscoring midfielder we've had when we plays like he has tonight. Still seems to have the connection with Christian Benteke nailed on too. Glad their partnership hasn't been effected.  

I actually think that position he played last night just behind Benteke is his best position. Dangerous to anybody as well with Agbonlahor one side and Bacuna the other. Has a great understanding with Benteke to put teams under the cosh. The worry would be our central midfield being too weak.

I still reckon we'll start the season with Sylla, Delph and Westwood in midfield and Andi wide on the right. Last night was interesting though.

• 2 weeks later...

Really starting to get excited about this season and especially Weimann, thinks it's going to be a very good year for him.

He's the kind of player I used to see other teams have and say I'd love someone like that here.

Edited by packoman

I am a big fan of Weimann. Full of enthusiam and energy during the match, and always seems to have a smile on his face on the photos from training.

Very happy he signed a new contract without any fuss, and also think and hope he will become an important player for us in the future, if we can keep him.

15 league goals I reckon this season.

Thought he'd get 10 last season, he did if you include the cup goals and could've got that in the league if not for the missed sitters against West Ham and Everton.

I like that he also has the ability to score against the better teams in the league.

Weimann + Benteke = Goals

Most of all opposition defences will fear Agbonlahor's pace.

That is what is exceptional about our current attacking line-up. Its high qualities are so varied and yet complementary.

Agbonlahor's pace.

Benteke's power.

Weimann's graft.

Plug it into a Man Utd defence and midfield, could it win you the Premier League? With Van Persie as well, absolutely. You probably could not have said that for any other season in my Villa supporting memory.

Weimann + Benteke = Goals

Most of all opposition defences will fear Agbonlahor's pace.

There's nothing about Gabby that's the "most of all" in terms of what teams will fear from us, not even close. Most of all they'll be shitting themselves about Benteke,everything about him

Given that Gabby has scored against 90% of the Premier League clubs he's faced I'd say its probably true that most teams fear him. Especially when he has traits that are unstoppable when he is on top of his form.

As for Andi, got to agree... Think we could see 15 goals from him this year in all competitions if he stays injury free, however I'm hoping he can improve his first touch a bit more if anything then we have a real player.

Edited by VillaAlex

Â