Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

This is why I don't get attached to players anymore. Yorke finished it for me. It's the way it is unfortunately

Haha, Andy Gray did it for me in 1979.

Yes at least we got a then record fee for the player. None of this buyout clause nonsense. 

The damage this has done to the club's image, we'd might have been better of financially just letting him go for free. The whole fiasco has certainly been an embarrassment, especially the idea that he's done us a favour and we should be thankful.

What damage?? We've have been battling relegation for the past 4 season. Any damage that was going to be done has already been done so. Considering under Lerner we have a shoe string budget I'd say that 8M from Delph is pretty important!

• Like 1

I've just called him a greedy yorkshire pudding on twitter.

Those saying he wasn't all that good? LOL yeah ok in every game where we played well in the last 2-3 years he was MOM.

It's a big and sad loss.

We only gave him £30k a week think Man City will have offered him at least 90k.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

Before we start blaming Delph for leaving for 8M I think it's about time people realised the only people to blame are the club for letting a key asset get to the last year of his contact. We should admire Delph for even making sure the club got

8M for him. He was fully entitled to leave us for free.

Pathetic from Villa yet again. Praying for new owners.

Before we start blaming Delph for leaving for 8M I think it's about time people realised the only people to blame are the club for letting a key asset get to the last year of his contact. We should admire Delph for even making sure the club got

yes, all very well and I agree;

But why talk crap about LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL?

• Like 1

No chance keeping tekkers lets get rid asap and re invest the club has shown the level of player management  that are league position did rubbish. Lerner and your mate faulkner are to blame someone said about sorting his contract out with 18 months to go the blame lies on your lap.

Question your gonna sell ya house its worth 2mil what do ya do if your lerner. " If I knock down the perimeter wall and allow all the local vandals in and burglars theyll get a free viewing maybe spread the word it a nice house it might be worth half after youve trashed it but least theyll say it was a nice house . Randy just do one you got no interest you penny pincher and waited for delphs contract to run down you poor excuse for a man. fck off

I agree with you about Benteke but there's still the problem of finding a club willing to pay the asking price. I can't help but feel it's going to drag out and he'll start to play his face in order to push through the move.

We only gave him £30k a week think Man City will have offered him at least 90k.

I'd doubt our new contract offer was that low. Gabby is on double that.

think i read he was on near 50k when we first signed him

What happened to "I won't believe it until it's on the OS"? It would be hilarious if it was all bull now and everyone had to eat their words.

Anyway since it is definitely going to happen, at least we're getting some money and replacing him the day before. I doubt he'll be starting the Euro's next year but at least he will get to play in 2 champions league group games and lift a few trophies that his teammates won.

Replacing Delph and Vlaar, with Gueye and Richards, and just about breaking even isn't bad business to start the window, there's still a 8 weeks left don't forget.

8 mill is such a low figure

Why not 16 or 18

I'm sure City would have easily gone that high

There was a release clause in his contract for this summer for £8m if any CL club came in for him.

What will happen at City is he'll earn more money, but also have his game time limited. That limited game time, however, will include Champions League football and he'll also probably come away with silverware of some description.

I'd personally prefer that than being a starter for a team battling relegation or, at best, finishing mid-table.

• Like 2

Wonder if he'd have left had we won the FA Cup!! Can't blame him if he wants to leave, we look like we are in a rot, no chance of Benteke staying then

could explain his performance in the final ;)

yes, all very well and I agree;

But why talk crap about LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL?

What should he be loyal for? Being signed by a club and told they had big plans but then a few years later pay transfer fees and wages lower than a Championship club? I can't blame him for leaving and I bet prob 99.9% of you would do the same if were in his shoes.

Â