Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I dont get it. He virtually gave us 8million and owes us nothing. He could have let his contract run down for 3 months but he was descent. Him and downing shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence

You're right he doesn't owe is anything but he should never have done the whole video and "villa is my club/want to stay here long term" speech if there was any chance he might be off at some point. Totally understand the reasons he's off but after that speech I really thought he was an exception to the norm of footballer and had a bit more to him. Money talks and most players now walk.

• Like 1

It's time for some people to wise up and realise that ANY public expression of loyalty by a footballer needs be taken as pure fantasy. It will save a lot of unnecessary upset.

But who else has done it like Delph did? This is my club, im here for the long hail etc, etc?

Rooney at Everton maybe with the once a blue thing but he was only a kid.

Cant recall ever seeing a similar case with a player declaring "im here to prove there is loyalty still in football" to then f*ck off 6 months down the line. Especially not a captain of a club

It doesn't matter. ANY expression needs to be treated with contempt - whether that is a simple kissing of the badge; or claiming they'll "prove their is loyalty"; or having the club's name carved on their bollocks. It all means nothing. Like I said - if people wise up to it, they'll feel less angry.

Delph doesn't owe anyone anything. Much like how you dont owe your previous employer anything for training you after you move to a bigger job. Like every other human on the planet he has goals. He wants to get even better - fair play. I imagine most players would get a boner at the thought of playing with some of the players in Man City's squad. 

Plus he could have ran the contract down but instead stayed.

He's replaceable - so dont panic too much. Having said that I'm slightly* pissed at the low fee. 

*HUGE **** UNDERSTATEMENT

Edited by tomh621

Delph doesn't owe anyone anything. Much like how you dont owe your previous employer anything for training you after you move to a bigger job. He's replaceable - dont panic too much. 

Plus he could have ran the contract down but instead stayed - having said that I'm slightly* pissed at the low fee. 

He owes the club that fat signing on fee he got a few months ago.

Delph doesn't owe anyone anything. Much like how you dont owe your previous employer anything for training you after you move to a bigger job. Like every other human on the planet he has goals. He wants to get even better - fair play. I imagine most players would get a boner at the thought of playing with some of the players in Man City's squad.

He's replaceable - so dont panic too much. Having said that I'm slightly* pissed at the low fee.

He chose to play the loyalty card mate, NOT the fans!

Don't know what to think about it. Suspected he would leave after i heard about the clause, but that loyalty speech he shouldn't have made. I think he's a huge hole to fill.  Sherwood hasa much tougher task than Mcleish or Lambert now. 

He chose to play the loyalty card mate, NOT the fans!

They chose to believe it though.

Maybe he got assurances that the takeover would happen when signing the contract, and the release clause was there in case nothing happened. That's possibly the worst scenario of all. Could be that he doesn't like working with Sherwood, or just changed his mind like an arse. It'll be interesting to see what comes out in the next few days.

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club /quote]

Agree with everything you have said except this.

Man City are not, have never been nor never will be a "bigger" club than Aston Villa. Richer yes.....but as we all know, money doesn't buy you class.

Board ineptitude at fault here aswell, if we'd done the logical thing and offered him a new deal at any point in 2013 I'm sure he'd have signed him and doubt they'd have been any release clause so with two years left we feasibility could've demanded 15m which I doubt Man. City would've paid.

Also begs the question where Man. City aware of the release clause before it came out and who exactly leaked it to the press.

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club

Agree with everything you have said except this.

Man City are not, have never been nor never will be a "bigger" club than Aston Villa. Richer yes.....but as we all know, money doesn't buy you class.

Â