Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

That he hasn't done so with Delph is curious in my view and means that just perhaps what is being printed in the tabloids isn't quite accurate.

That will be a first............ :-) Edited by David-Copenhagen
  • Like 1

So why do you think he had such a low buyout clause written into his contract Trent?

I've already given my thoughts on this a few pages back mate.

The one thing I'd add though is we still don't actually know if there is a clause or if there is what it is. Contrast that to Benteke where Sherwood confirmed the clause.

That he hasn't done so with Delph is curious in my view and means that just perhaps what is being printed in the tabloids isn't quite accurate.

Sorry I must have missed that, I agree but the only thing is there has been no denial of the clause from the club, so I suspect there is one but whether the amount has been accurately reported is another thing. 

Revealing Benteke's release clause value was smart, basically saying either you pay this and force our hand or forget it. 

Revealing Delph's release clause publically would indicate an interest in it being met and would not be smart.

• Like 2

Delph Wasn't due back till next week, but came back yesterday as wanted to get preseason started early and wanted to set an example as club captain.

im led to believe that he wasn't originally involved with the kit launch because the club never expected him to come back a week early. There is a possibility he may now be involved.

in my opinion I am 90% sure he is staying. (10% is because..well football / money and anything can happen)

• Like 3

Revealing Benteke's release clause value was smart, basically saying either you pay this and force our hand or forget it. 

Revealing Delph's release clause publically would indicate an interest in it being met and would not be smart.

Agreed but doing it two days before the Cup Final didnt feel all that smart. Still dont know why that couldnt have waited until the season was over.

Edited by villaglint

I agree with your Benteke statement but have we actually announced Delphs release clause publically? or is it just paper talk? 

I don't think we have. I think it's all media speculation as it's not wise for a club hoping to keep him to tell every big club out there that one of the best midfielders in the country right now has a super low release clause. Chances are his release clause is a lot higher, which is also likely why the whole "Man City swoop in for Delph" thing that seemed all so imminent due to this fabricated release cause has died off completely. If Delph was worth a paltry £8 million he'd be gone already, guaranteed. 

I don't think we have. I think it's all media speculation as it's not wise for a club hoping to keep him to tell every big club out there that one of the best midfielders in the country right now has a super low release clause. Chances are his release clause is a lot higher, which is also likely why the whole "Man City swoop in for Delph" thing that seemed all so imminent due to this fabricated release cause has died off completely. If Delph was worth a paltry £8 million he'd be gone already, guaranteed. 

Exactly

If he was available for 8 mill i think all and sundry would be bidding for him right about now leicester e.t.c

For what its worth my best mate was speaking to a good mate of Fabian's today and said he's going nowhere and not even intrested in a move this season

Like I keep saying, I bet the clause is real, but I bet it was a relegation clause.

I'm pretty sure our most credible (and presumably club-fed) journalist would've been made aware of that by now if that is the case.

Â