Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph and Grealish are the only players I desperately want us to keep. Anyone else, I'm indifferent about. We need to start over, but we won't do that by changing everything at once and Delph is now an England regular. He's playing very well here and he is capable of playing at a higher level.

I sense that he is happy to stay at Villa and be a part of what Sherwood and Fox are building. He even said when he signed his new contract he was looking forward to the future. At that stage, from the outside, our future looked hopeless.

There's something going on at this club that we don't yet know about, I think Delph did when he signed.

On the flip side, if Manchester City bid for you, the temptation would be massive. Firstly to earn more money and secondly be a part of a squad challenging for honours.

It now depends on this so called release clause, and whether Delph wants guaranteed first team football. He may lose his place in the England team if he isn't playing regularly

Benteke??
If he leaves it will likely be for £30 million. That's a lot of money to reinvest in the team. The alternative is that we keep him for a season and his value depreciates because he has a year left on his contract.

Delph and Grealish are the only players I desperately want us to keep. Anyone else, I'm indifferent about. We need to start over, but we won't do that by changing everything at once and Delph is now an England regular. He's playing very well here and he is capable of playing at a higher level.

I sense that he is happy to stay at Villa and be a part of what Sherwood and Fox are building. He even said when he signed his new contract he was looking forward to the future. At that stage, from the outside, our future looked hopeless.

There's something going on at this club that we don't yet know about, I think Delph did when he signed.

On the flip side, if Manchester City bid for you, the temptation would be massive. Firstly to earn more money and secondly be a part of a squad challenging for honours.

It now depends on this so called release clause, and whether Delph wants guaranteed first team football. He may lose his place in the England team if he isn't playing regularly

Benteke??
If he leaves it will likely be for £30 million. That's a lot of money to reinvest in the team. The alternative is that we keep him for a season and his value depreciates because he has a year left on his contract.

It is a release clause. It will still be the same until the end of the contract. And if we keep him and he score lots of goals, someone might actually pay that for him. It does not look as if anyone will pay it at the moment.

Benteke??

It is a release clause. It will still be the same until the end of the contract. And if we keep him and he score lots of goals, someone might actually pay that for him. It does not look as if anyone will pay it at the moment.

I guess you could argue that we are in a win, win situation with Benteke, whereas we are not with Delph. If Delph leaves we lose our best midfielder, who we will struggle to replace for the reported fee. If Benteke leaves we may not replace him with someone as good, but we will get a shed load of money to improve the squad. We will be able to gamble on the 'next' Benteke and invest in other parts of the team.

If in a years time we refuse to sell Benteke for anything but the reported release clause we will be cutting our nose off to spite our face. He will leave for nothing a year later. So you compromise and accept a lower bid in order to preserve the investment somewhat. Or perhaps Benteke is worth £15 Mil a season to us, plus wages, for the goals he scores and we let him run out his contract and keep him far two years? Again, either way we win really, so circumstance to me, dictates that whatever happens with Benteke, we will be okay.

I see Delph as more important to our future. For a start he's our captain, a vocal leader and influential at the club. A bit of a figurehead I guess, so I think we'd lose a bit more than just a good player.

• Like 1

A release clause just means we cannot reject any bid of that amount. It doesn't necessarily equate to an asking-price or even the player's market value. Value is ultimately determined by what other clubs are willing to pay and it appears unlikely enough that it will be met this window -seemingly with no genuine suitors besides Liverpool - let alone if he enters the final year of his contract. The clause carries no further significance than what is outlined in the initial sentence.

Edited by Isa

Nursey makes up a load of bollox to wind up Villa fans (again)............and it works (again)

What bollocks? The existance of the clause attested to by Percy? Don't get me wrong, Nursey is a clown but his report seems to be correct in general even if it lacked in the details.
Not the clause just the way he writes his articles. Clause exists therefore he is leaving was the the gist of what he said. As I said in another post I just don't understand why he hates Villa so much. If I were the club I would have no dealings with the bloke on the basis of the poison he constantly spouts.

Mind you that assumes the club does have any dealings with him.

Edited by Harry

If there really is a release clause of 8-10M as reported then what are the all clubs waiting for? Surely pretty much every top team in the league will approach him at that price?

It's bullshit IMO.

That's exactly my thoughts on it to, if city wanted him and he was available for £8m they'd have signed him by now, pre season starts tomorrow, why would they wait?

At this stage, I don't believe that Delph will go. However, if my memory serves me correctly he wasn't on any of the teaser pics for the new kit, which strikes me as a bit odd considering he is our captain.

Could the club have held back on publishing his picture thus saving face due to fearing they might lose him?

Is his Twitter account legit? I saw him tweet to Richards....anyway this tweet was interesting

Fabian Delph

Fabian Delph – ‏@FabianDelph17

There is something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty. #AVFC

3:00 am - 4 Jul 2015

5 RETWEETS6

Edited by mightysasquatch

If there really is a release clause of 8-10M as reported then what are the all clubs waiting for? Surely pretty much every top team in the league will approach him at that price?

It's bullshit IMO.

That's exactly my thoughts on it to, if city wanted him and he was available for £8m they'd have signed him by now, pre season starts tomorrow, why would they wait?

He isn't City's first choice though.

They want Paul Pogba above any other targets. I'm not sure how likely it is a) Juventus will sell him and B) he'll go to City over Barca.

Then it seems they'll go onto Wilshere who may want a fresh start with all the injuries he gets and all the midfielders Arsenal have.

Seems Delph is the backup for those two but even then I'm not convinced, they have Yaya and fernando/dinio at the club so don't see Delph breaking into that with another major addition likely aswell.

• Like 1

A release clause just means we cannot reject any bid of that amount. It doesn't necessarily equate to an asking-price or even the player's market value. Value is ultimately determined by what other clubs are willing to pay and it appears unlikely enough that it will be met this window -seemingly with no genuine suitors besides Liverpool - let alone if he enters the final year of his contract. The clause carries no further significance than what is outlined in the initial sentence.

Not in itself. However in this circumstance release clause = asking price because we don't wanted to sell, I assume. Value is based on what the selling club are willing to accept and their individual circumstances, not what is bid, as the club has the final say on whether a player leaves mid contract.

In a year, this may change depending on many things such as form, contract length, fitness, league position etc. At the moment Benteke is worth what we say he is worth, and I think that is the £30 odd million reported.

Anyway, this is off topic.

If Delph has such a low release clause, I agree, half the league would have bid by now. Maybe they have.

At this stage, I don't believe that Delph will go. However, if my memory serves me correctly he wasn't on any of the teaser pics for the new kit, which strikes me as a bit odd considering he is our captain.

Could the club have held back on publishing his picture thus saving face due to fearing they might lose him?

Nope, by that logic benteke is definitely staying because he is in the teaser pictures

Â