Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

For me, Delph is another Ashley Young in the making. He'll go to a fancier club and get lost in the shuffle, his form will hit the skids and he'll never truly fulfill his potential. If he stays at Villa, he's assured of a steady starting job and a weekly audition for a continuing England spot. But he always seemed like he'd be gone at the first opportunity. 

If he could score goals Delph would be worth double.

That's my one gripe with his game. He makes nice incisive runs that stretch defenses and he puts himself into very dangerous areas, but too often his final ball just gets away from him or the shot just isn't good enough. Sitting on the bench at Man Utd will not help him in that regard.

Makes a huge difference having Delph carrying the ball forward rather than just playing crab-ball.

Yep. Cleverley was supposed to be an attacking player too, but he's caught the crab fever too it seems...

ugh. I had a case of that back in the late 90's. very itchy. 

I think villa should pay him the going rate of a top Premier League midfield player,

If we lost FD in January you will not get a replacement for the £ received

Give him 80k a week & you have the player,average players will want 40k a week & Delph is better than average

• Like 1

I wonder how the fans will treat him if he goes on a free at the end of the season. You look at Ashley Young who was a far better player for us and we got a good fee for him, yet our fans boo him from the first minute saturday. 

I wonder how the fans will treat him if he goes on a free at the end of the season. You look at Ashley Young who was a far better player for us and we got a good fee for him, yet our fans boo him from the first minute saturday.

I was wondering this. Did our fans hate Young as soon as he joined United or only after he dived to win a penalty against us in 2012?

Edited by Isa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3QJvHApTI

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

Yes I know that but he was still a terrific player for us. Martin Oneill's best signing in my view.  Back to Delph, we have nursed him through his injury problems and if he leaves on a free then I think our fans are entitled to give him a bad reception when he returns. I think he's a very good player but when you consider what we paid and the wages he's been on we have hardly got value for our money. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â